Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

[Feedback] Education licenses are limited to 3 team members

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by blockimperium, Feb 11, 2018.

1. blockimperium

blockimperium

There doesn't appear to be any way to get more than 3 members on a team with Unity Teams Basic which is what the Educational licenses have access to. This makes it nearly impossible for programming teams in a University setting to use Collaborate as their team sizes are larger - 5-7 people per team.

Is there any way to resolve this for educational licenses, because without this - collaborate becomes pretty useless for these folks.

Thanks!

2. johng_unity

johng_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi -

Thanks for the feedback. Educational licenses only come with Unity Teams Basic. However, we are in the process of launching an offering specifically for schools and educational institutions that will offer discounted pricing. If you're interested in finding out more about this offering, please email collabsupport@unity3d.com.

@gregorypierce - I do see that you have already emailed us. We are following-up with your inquiry over email.

3. blockimperium

blockimperium

Thanks for the feedback. I like to keep you guys apprised of what I encounter in the field when I'm training new groups of Unity users. I know for this group the Collaborate issue was a HUGE deal.

In addition, you should probably prevent users from uploading content to the repository if doing so will break Collaborate. Try as I might, every so often a team member will be a version number off and commit to the repository anyway. And yes, they just click through the message saying that it will probably break things.