Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback and Bugs Related to Transposer and Follow.

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by xCyborg, Sep 20, 2020.

1. xCyborg

xCyborg

Sorry but it looks like my grievances with Cinemachine are not taking a break.
    -There is no way to keep offset when assigning Follow Target:
    I can't maintain the camera position when adding a Follow target.
    -There is no way to undo the camera view change after such an event, undo is generally very lacking in CM
    the target gets cleared but the camera stays in the new position.
    -Jagged artifacts when camera follows target as showed in the GIF below,
    even after tinkering with settings like dampen.

Attached Files:

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

You seem to be using a workflow that Cinemachine is not optimized for, and so are fighting with it. We expect people to use the scene view to position virtual cameras. In Cinemachine the main camera is procedurally driven by the virtual cameras, but (if I recall correctly from your other thread) you are using the main camera as a tool to position the virtual cameras. I'm interested in investigating this workflow to understand it a little better. Maybe we can find a way to support it. If you'd like to provide me with a step-by-step description of how you are setting up your cameras, it might help me gain a better understanding of your desired workflow.

Keep offset is an interesting idea that - even with the scene view as a placement tool - we don't currently support. We will take note of it, thanks.

The jagged artifacts are most probably caused by a mismatch between how the target is being animated and how the cameras are being animated. If you are animating the target on the physics clock (i.e. FixedUpdate exclusively) then the cameras must also be animated in FixedUpdated, or you will get aliasing between the physics clock and the render clock. This problem isn't specific to Cinemachine, but often comes up in the context of Unity's dual clock architecture.

Can you describe a little how the target capsule is being moved (i.e. when exactly is its transform modified)? And can you show the inspector for the CM brain?

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020