Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback feedback about my pixel art

Discussion in '2D' started by beastbox112, Mar 8, 2023.

1. beastbox112

beastbox112

I am making a game and I would like to contribute a lot in the ambience and details of the environment, so I need your help to know what could be missing in my area, my goal is that the area of herbs and grass does not feel empty, also advice on colorimetry would be good for me to know what colors to use and what not to use. juego.png

2. Unrighteouss

Unrighteouss

With a simple art style, you really don't need much clutter for a nice aesthetic. Look at games like Mother 3 or Omori to see what they do and get some ideas.

Right now, I'd say your color is way too bright and bit painful on the eyes. I wouldn't use red like that unless it was for a short nightmare themed level or something similar.

The contrast between the two colors of grass is a bit much, the darker grass on the right doesn't look as natural. One color is probably enough, but maybe just add more variation to the grass itself.

Adding some light texture to the path might be nice; right now, it's a bit difficult to tell whether it's supposed to be mud, dirt, stone, or (if you remove the character) even a cliff face.

The character looks good. If you nail the animations, I can't imagine there being any issues there.

beastbox112 likes this.
  3. beastbox112

beastbox112

I really want to make a pink forest, with mountains and gray rocks and pink trees so I bet on that color, but apparently it looks more red than pink, but I do not know what shades of pink to use, whether to use a pink more pulling red or a pink pulling more purple, but still, thanks for the feedback.

4. flasker

flasker

the grass is just 1 color, the road also only 1 color, your road pixels are jagged. It doesnt give any depth, no shadows