Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Fedora 22

Discussion in 'Linux' started by ishanagi, Aug 26, 2015.

1. ishanagi

ishanagi

I've just installed Unity onto a 64bit Fedora 22 installation and it works, well I can create a project, add a cube and run the game.

The only problem I had was with the splash screen where it got stuck. The Arch/Manjaro thread gave the hint, once I created the ~/.local/share/unity3d/Unity, the splash screen proceeded normally.

Thank you folks at Unity, I was literally installing a Windows VM onto my laptop and downloading Unity into it when the blog post appeared. Delete Windows VM. :)

xenomef likes this.
  2. Ves

Ves

Hey there. I am also running Fedora 22, however, my editor window is completely pink, and new objects are black (see screenshot). Did you install the latest nVidia drivers, or are you still using Nouveau?

Thank you!

3. ishanagi

ishanagi

Using the default Nouveau driver on a NVIDIA Corporation GK107GLM [Quadro K1000M]. Thought I would give the Nouveau drivers a shot before I start fiddling with the nVidia ones. As it appears to be working fine, I will stick with it as my requirements are quite low at the moment.

4. GuiConti

GuiConti

Hey,

I am new to fedora, and linux in general, can someone help me to how install this new release in fedora 22? I was using unity with wine but it have some bugs. I tried to download the .deb file, transformed in .rpm with alien but when i try to install it asks for tons of dependencies that i can`t install. Can someone help me ?

5. ishanagi

ishanagi

Download the http://download.unity3d.com/download_unity/unity-editor-installer-5.1.0f3+2015082501.sh file.

mkdir /opt/unity
    mv unity-editor-installer-5.1.0f3+2015082501.sh /opt/unity
    cd /opt/unity
    chmod +x unity-editor-installer-5.1.0f3+2015082501.sh
    ./unity-editor-installer-5.1.0f3+2015082501.sh

mkdir -p ~/.local/share/unity3d/Unity
    cd /opt/unity/unity-editor-5.1.0f3/Editor
    ./Unity

There you go. I didn't need to install any of the dependencies as they were already there from other installs, so you will have to see what happens.

Tak likes this.
  6. xargs

xargs

Hi @GuiConti,
    I wrote a spec file for compiling rpm package. It is very simple to use.

• 1. Download spec and Deb file.
    # rpmdev-setuptree
    # cd rpmbuild
    # wget https://github.com/FZUG/repo/raw/master/rpms/SPECS/unity/unity-editor.spec -O SPECS/
    Download Deb to SOURCES directory.

• 2. Build rpm package
    # rpmbuild -ba SPECS/unity-editor.spec

• 3.install rpm package
    # ls -lh RPMS/x86_64
    686M RPMS/x86_64/unity-editor-5.1.0f3-1.fc22.x86_64.rpm
    # dnf install RPMS/x86_64/unity-editor-5.1.0f3-1.fc22.x86_64.rpm

^^~ If you have a problem. Please report. THX~

hofness likes this.
  7. blaztinn

blaztinn

Huge thanks for the spec file!

I have a few comments though:
    • All commands except the last one can be run as user. Could you alter the # sign to $?
    • Sources can be dowloaded by executing 'spectool -g SPECS/unity-editor.spec -C SOURCES/'
    • I needed to build the package using 'QA_RPATHS=$[ 0x0001|0x0002|0x0004|0x0008|0x0010 ] rpmbuild -ba SPECS/unity-editor.spec'. If I didn't add the QA_PATHS variable the rpmbuild (specifically the check-rpaths part) throws errors as:
    [...]
    ERROR 0002: file '/opt/Unity/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/TizenPlayer/TizenPlayer/TizenDevelopmentPlayer/TizenPlayer' contains an invalid rpath '/home/developer/sdk_tools/lib' in [$ORIGIN/..:$ORIGIN/../lib:/home/developer/sdk_tools/lib]
    ERROR 0002: file '/opt/Unity/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/TizenPlayer/TizenPlayer/TizenPlayer/TizenPlayer' contains an invalid rpath '/home/developer/sdk_tools/lib' in [$ORIGIN/..:$ORIGIN/../lib:/home/developer/sdk_tools/lib]
    ERROR 0004: file '/opt/Unity/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/STVPlayer/STVPlayer/STVPlayer/game_STANDARD_13.so' contains an insecure rpath '.' in [.]
    [...]

Otherwise the package works fine! :)

8. blaztinn

blaztinn

Here's the update spec for the latest version of unity editor (tested on Fedora 23):

9. LearningNot

LearningNot

i have opposite all my materials get pink/purple effect on fedora 23

10. hedleypanama

hedleypanama

It didn't work for me
    [root@localhost rpmbuild]# rpmbuild -ba SPECS/unity-editor.spec
    advertencia:Macro expanded in comment on line 21: #%filter_provides_in -P ^/opt/%{repo}/(MonoDevelop/.*|Editor/Data/.*)$

advertencia:Macro expanded in comment on line 22: #%filter_requires_in -P ^/opt/%{repo}/(MonoDevelop/.*|Editor/Data/.*)$

Ejecutando(%prep): /bin/sh -e /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.wDipfr
    + umask 022
    + cd /root/rpmbuild/BUILD
    + exit 0
    Ejecutando(%build): /bin/sh -e /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.4V4iVO
    + umask 022
    + exit 0
    Ejecutando(%install): /bin/sh -e /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.EpCRDc
    + umask 022
    + '[' /root/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/unity-editor-5.2.2f1-1.fc23.x86_64 '!=' / ']'
    + rm -rf /root/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/unity-editor-5.2.2f1-1.fc23.x86_64
    ++ dirname /root/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/unity-editor-5.2.2f1-1.fc23.x86_64
    + mkdir -p /root/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT
    + mkdir /root/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/unity-editor-5.2.2f1-1.fc23.x86_64
    + dpkg-deb -X /root/rpmbuild/SOURCES/unity-editor-5.2.2f1+20151018_amd64.deb /root/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/unity-editor-5.2.2f1-1.fc23.x86_64
    dpkg-deb: error: failed to read archive `/root/rpmbuild/SOURCES/unity-editor-5.2.2f1+20151018_amd64.deb': No such file or directory
    error: Estado de salida erróneo de /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.EpCRDc (%install)

Errores de construcción RPM:
    Macro expanded in comment on line 21: #%filter_provides_in -P ^/opt/%{repo}/(MonoDevelop/.*|Editor/Data/.*)$

Macro expanded in comment on line 22: #%filter_requires_in -P ^/opt/%{repo}/(MonoDevelop/.*|Editor/Data/.*)$

Estado de salida erróneo de /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.EpCRDc (%install)

11. hofness

hofness

This is good stuff. F22 x86_64 user here. I followed the SPEC instructions above (thanks!) and it seemed to work relatively well

I had to use:
    QA_RPATHS=$[ 0x0001|0x0002|0x0004|0x0008|0x0010 ] rpmbuild -ba SPECS/unity-editor.spec
    because I got about 8 0x0002 related to libqt5 (which dnf tells me is installed as qt)

once the build finishes, I'm stuck here :

rpm -i unity-editor-5.3.1f1-1.fc22.x86_64.rpm
    error: Failed dependencies: libcurl.so.4(CURL_OPENSSL_4) is needed by unity-editor-5.3.1f1-1.fc22.x86_64

i've got libcurl installed:
    dnf whatprovides libcurl.so.4
    libcurl-7.40.0-7.fc22.i686 : A library for getting files from web servers
    Repo : @system

Alternately, If I use the distro independent package, then Unity starts, but just shows the splash screen and a dark grey window with the words "recent" at the top. I can't get anything else to show and I get no error messages.

Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated.

12. Voicu

Voicu

I had this too on Fedora 23 when installing the platform-agnostic version. Running the following command solved it:

sudo dnf install npm

hofness likes this.
  13. hofness

hofness

Thank you!

sudo dnf install npm-1.3.6-6.fc21.noarch

completely fixed the issue. Apparently I just needed node.js.

14. danhuynh0803

danhuynh0803

Hi, I'm using Fedora 23 and I'm getting this error when running Unity:

./Unity: /opt/unity/unity-editor-5.1.0f3/Editor/Data/Tools/libgpg-error.so.0: no version information available (required by /lib64/libgcrypt.so.20)
    ./Unity: relocation error: /lib64/libgcrypt.so.20: symbol gpg_err_set_errno, version GPG_ERROR_1.0 not defined in file libgpg-error.so.0 with link time reference

I used Ishanagi's guide on installing it. Any help appreciated!

15. danhuynh0803

danhuynh0803

16. emusia

emusia

Hello, I am trying to install Unity on my Fedora but I am facing some issues. I tried few ways and even if installation progress without any problem when I am trying lunch Unity nothing happened. I tried to check dmesg or so but any log is not created, I changed log level via dmesg -n 8 but still the same.
    Do you have some idea what could be wrong?

Thanks!