Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Features about Particle System

Discussion in 'Project Tiny' started by jsyishan, Dec 15, 2020.

1. jsyishan

jsyishan

Hi! I currently have a Unity Standard project that is supposed to be immigrated to Tiny, but I met some troubles when using Particle System. I have already designed and edited a particle in standard version, using some modules like ColorOverLifetime, RandomBetweenTwoCurves, SubEmitters(vitally significant) and Trails(also important). However, I found that these modules are not yet supported in Tiny because I only got some wield output in a built project on any platform.
    I wanna know when would Unity Team support these modules(may includes but not limited to)?
    If I could hardly get the official supports about this issue in the near future, how can I extend the Particle System in Tiny for those modules that I mentioned?
    Looking forward to hearing your answer, and Thanks a lots.

2. AbdulAlgharbi

AbdulAlgharbi

Unity Technologies

3. jsyishan

jsyishan

Thanks for your reply! I've already read all the docs posted, but actually there are some unsupported features that I want to use. The problem is that am I available to extend those not yet unsupported ones by myself?

Thanks

4. AbdulAlgharbi

AbdulAlgharbi

Unity Technologies

yeah sure you can add them and make your own asmdef for it or even copy the tiny package from Library\PackageCache to the Packages folder and modify the code
    but keep in mind that you should be careful if you update to a newer version as you may lose your modifications