Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Feature Request Feature to add Milestones to graphs

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by MidnightGameDeveloper, Jan 24, 2023.

1. MidnightGameDeveloper

MidnightGameDeveloper

Hello,
    it would be useful to be able to add milestones to the Unity dashboard. For example, when a new version is released. This would help to see at first glance if changes have a positive effect. (For an example see screenshot)

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. RandolfKlemola

RandolfKlemola

Unity Technologies

Hi MidnightGameDeveloper,

That's a great suggestion. Is this for the Dashboards or the Data Explorer? If it's for the Data Explorer, can you just confirm if the current [Group By] > [Version] could not achieve this type of graph for you? This would allow you to see multiple versions/releases all on the same graph and in the same timeline.

upload_2023-1-25_17-3-59.png

As for the Dashboards, I do not see an obvious way to see which version is which when selecting multiple versions. I'll await your responses to my questions above.

Best,
    Randy

3. MidnightGameDeveloper

MidnightGameDeveloper

Hello Randy,
    thank you very much for the help.

Grouping by version in Data Explorer is a solution that works. However, the graphs generated this way are not as readable as the graph in the screenshot that I provided (especially not with many version changes).

I think you are right, in the dashboard view it is not possible to see which version is which when multiple versions are selected. I think displaying version changes in the dashboard view in the way I suggested (in the post above) would probably make even more sense.

Thanks

4. RandolfKlemola

RandolfKlemola

Unity Technologies

Okay great. Thank you MidnightGameDeveloper I really appreciate the feedback. It's going in right away, on your behalf.

All the best,
    Randy

MidnightGameDeveloper likes this.