Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Feature requests

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by pbhogan, Jan 27, 2022.

1. pbhogan

pbhogan

I've been using Hub since the very beginning and it's definitely made my life a lot easier since I typically have several versions of Unity installed concurrently. Thanks for all the hard work!

I do have a few feature requests:

I'd really like Hub to show me when a new minor version of Unity is available. For example, 2021.2.9f1 just released today. It would be great if there was a notice on the installed 2021.2.8f1 version letting me know about it, with a one-click option to upgrade.

When I do install a new version, Hub always has Visual Studio for Mac and Documentation checked. I wish it would remember that I don't want either of those things installed by default. I use Rider and use online documentation or Dash for Mac to look things up, so it's just wasted space and install time.

Finally, there are labels for installed modules on each Unity install. It would be nice to be able to add custom tags, colors and/or notes to help keep things organized. Some are installed for testing specific things or for specific console releases, etc. and it can be hard to remember which is which. I've definitely accidentally uninstalled one I didn't mean to and lost time getting the environment back.

l_racher and Lars-Steenhoff like this.