Search Unity

Feature Request Feature Requests - HDRP - Help Wanted

Discussion in 'Shader Graph' started by A132LW, Jul 24, 2019.

1. A132LW

A132LW

Can someone let me know if any of these ideas are on the Unity Roadmap, and if so, when they might be ready to use?
    Spoilers are for workarounds.
    • Raymarching (a default solution that is efficiently integrable with Shadergraph - without asking users to custom implement)
      • Mainly for volumetric rendering with global lighting - for use in clouds (like that of Horizon), fog ...
      • At a minimum a light direction, color, and attenuation node set for the main light in the scene (direction and color are easy enough, but an attenuation node cannot be implemented yet in HDRP afaik).
    • Custom Lighting
      • Add light onto the material (like Amplify's custom lighting output) -
        easy enough to fake iff you have normals and are not using 3D noise. (NdotL model)
      • Emit light, not as emission, but like a direction based true lighting (shadows, volumetrics) that can affect other materials.
    • Procedural Stochastic Texturing
      • Unity's solution worked wonderfully for my use case. Will there be continued support? The Github project only works on 6.7.1 - forcing me to use a custom solution.
      • I understand that this is due to the change in the Custom Node implementation, but this functionality would be appreciated.
    • Compile
      • I think this has been mentioned before - please allow users to compile by choice, not automatically. (so Shadergraph can be performant on older hardware)
    • Convert subgraphs to a texture function
      • Not like a subgraph.
      • For example: Let there be a shadergraph with:
        • input: UV/position coordinates, other inputs
        • output: float4 color
      • If this could be converted to a function which outputs a texture 2D/3D, then the texture could be resampled for blurring and other purposes without having to recompute that subgraph for other UV coordinates.
      • Workaround: shadergraph -> Custom Render Texture -> C#/HLSL - can also be used for a simple texture-based compute shadergraph
    • Compute shader support
      • Custom output so the rendering pipeline can look as follows:
      • Shadergraph compute -> C# -> Shadergraph render.
      • Workaround: shadergraph -> Custom Render Texture -> C# - can also be used here
      • So for example, the compute shader can create a 3D function for volumetric stuff, the C# can raymarch the function, and shadergraph can render the results.
    I am a beginner to shader programming, and would like to do as much as possible inside shadergraph, and not in HLSL. If there are simpler ways to implement the above in the current Shadergraph, please feel free to correct me.

Thank you.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
  2. A132LW

A132LW

Bump.

3. mgear

mgear

4. A132LW

A132LW