Search Unity

Feature Request

Discussion in 'Unity Connect' started by efonsecab, Dec 16, 2016.

1. efonsecab

efonsecab

It would be great to add a couple of features to Unity Connect
    * Have a job/task published date as a subheader in the search results
    * Have an indicator on which or the percentage of skills that match the job/task, in the search results.
    * Integrate/Import Work Experience and Education with/from LinkedIn
    * Ability to see which skills are trending in Unity Connect.
    * Ability to see how many times a company has hired people using Unity Connect
    * Ability to see how much a company has spent connecting to Unity Connect

The last two would probably be some kind of integration with freelancing sites such as Upwork or Freelancer.com

2. markp-unity

markp-unity

Hey efonsecab,

Thanks for the feedback!

We will be adjusting the Job and Task summaries in upcoming releases.

Their EULA won't let us use their APIs, so we will not be able to have any LinkedIn integration :(

Great idea!

We take privacy very serious for both sides of the equation. We will most likely never display this information.

Once we have more users we will look into partnerships with these other sites to improve the freelance experience.

Deleted User likes this.
  3. eagleTiger

eagleTiger

- I think it should be included in Unity Connect, so people know whether it is worth to give time to the company's job post or not. As most of the companies advertise their jobs just for publicity to show the company's growth to their stakeholders. And people use to give their time and energy on such fake posts.

Feature Request:
    - I think Canvas enable and disable actions/events should also have a callback, like a GameObject's OnEnable and OnDisable callbacks. Or a way to get that event would be great! If there is already a way to do it, kindly share!
    For reference,

4. tredpro

tredpro

i hope this is the right place. facebook messager said to go to the forums

first i love unity. its probably my favorite program i use but 2 features really bothers me and one has caused issues for me multiple times with my projects and just did with my current game

first issue is importing project settings. is there anyway we can make it where it doesn't have to overwrite but also allow you to only add whats missing? i forgot to uncheck it and all i needed was one script from the package and all my work was overwritten

the other option is the only reason i haven't switched to the new asset store yet is because i use the group by and the filter option every time im in the asset store. so removing those (if they are just tough to find, i can't find them) sucks for me. ive tried to force the change but like i said this is something i use everytime.

thank you for your time and have a great day

5. adamstepinski

adamstepinski

My feature requests:
    -implementation of uEcho or similar multiplayer testing solution
    -blend tree should differ visually from a clip
    -when you reparent objects in hierarchy, it's really hard to move into position when GO above is expanded without making it child of the expanded parent (as in the picture). it should detect top half of the object's name below but it detects about one pixel instead

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
    Bunny83 likes this.