Search Unity

1. New Unity Live Help updates. Check them out here!

Dismiss Notice

[Feature Request] Use new DiagnosticSuppressor API to suppress CS0649 on SerializeField

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by renatop, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Lorash

Lorash

It's simply a bad design if it's by design. This statement found in the tracker has now been rendered false: "Unfortunately, there is no magic to fix this." Microsoft added this piece of "magic" primarily targeting Unity.

2. lukaszunity

lukaszunity

Unity Technologies

I've now changed the resolution of the case to "Postponed" and updated it with this text internally. Not sure when it will get synced to the public issue tracker.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
  3. van800

van800

Is it true that you just want all Rider errors, warnings in Unity Console? That might get overwhelming, I guess. Why not just look at this list in Rider?
    I can imaging on each build in Unity ask list errors-warnings from Rider and print those to Unity Console.
    We can discuss it also in https://github.com/JetBrains/resharper-unity/issues

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
  4. codestage

codestage

Sorry somehow missed your reply!

Would be nice to be able to run R# CLT inspectcode as a Roslyn analyzer argument with nice output of the high severity (errors) editorconfig rules violations to the Unity's Console preventing successful compilation.
    I'm not sure I need this on every script recompilation though (wouldn't like to increase iteration time), perhaps it's worth calling it once per N compilations instead (I'm not sure inspectcode can track diff to quickly check only new code).

R# CLT are IDE independent and may be used both VS and Rider projects, on Win and OS X, adding a lot of nice code inspections in all possible setups.

Though I understand it's a custom third-party stuff from the Roslyn point of view and more likely it's not possible to run it like a NetCore analyzers since it's totally another kind of tool with own specific output.

Thus so far I just run it manually and manually process the output.

unityunity