Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Feature Request] Smooth scrolling in on Mac Trackpad

Discussion in '2019.3 Beta' started by JukeBoxDelta, Oct 29, 2019.

1. JukeBoxDelta

JukeBoxDelta

Sometimes I'll use Unity on my Macbook 2011 Pro (old I know, but it works). In the inspector, when scrolling with two fingers, the scrolling jumps as if I'm using a mouse wheel that clicks in place.

Can we please have smooth scrolling for the new UI, as it makes it easier to read components on the game object, or messages in the console. When the text is jumping, I lose where I was reading and it can be a frustrating experience.

And while I'm at it, can we have a hotkey that lets us pan or rotate with the track pad? For example, instead of having to hold alt or command, click, and then scroll. Can this be changed to simply holding alt or command, and if the cursor is over the editor, moving the trackpad moves the camera. That would help a lot with productivity.

Edit: Wow. I'm one of those people who don't proofread their titles before submitting. Sorry! I would edit the title or delete the post and resubmit it but I don't know how.

Satrix_0331 likes this.
  2. Satrix_0331

Satrix_0331

Totally agree with you!

3. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

4. cihad_unity

cihad_unity

When I scroll, it jumps a few rows and I lose track of what I am reading.
    Please bring natural smooth scroll as we're used to.