Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.1 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

Tile Map [Feature request] Palette tiles ordered like in tileset sprite

Discussion in '2D Experimental Preview' started by maximelore, Sep 16, 2016.

1. maximelore

maximelore

The problem is that when spliced then imported in a palette, the order of the tiles is completely different from the image.
    This is particularly frustrating when you have elements made of multiple tiles.

Since each tile is a intermediary asset, and seemed to take sprites in name order. I thought changing the names would solve the problem. However, you cannot control the size of your palette and thus cannot arrange them like you want.

It would be nice to have your palette magically look like your sprite tileset. Or to have an easy way to arrange them.

I didn't found a way to move tiles. So to modify the palette you have to select your tiles and draw them further. This is really time consuming.

Here's how the palette looks like:

Screen Shot 09-16-16 at 02.33 PM.PNG

dirtycoder likes this.
  2. Johaness_Reuben

Johaness_Reuben

Unity Technologies

Used to be able to drag the base texture and the tiles would ordered accordingly. This seems to be broken currently. We are making some major changes to the TileMap Palette and this issue should be fixed.

WolfMountainGames likes this.
  3. maximelore

maximelore

Can't wait :)

4. der_r

der_r

I haven't had a chance to check out Preview 2 yet, but this behaviour happened in Preview 1 when you selected all the tiles of a sliced tileset and pulled them over. If you drag'n'dropped the overarching texture file, all tiles would be organized like in the texture.

5. Johaness_Reuben

Johaness_Reuben

Unity Technologies

@maximelore My mistake, this behaviour still works in Preview 2. You can drag the base texture and the sprite will be organized as they are in the texture.
    There is a bug that it doesn't seem to work if the texture is just a single row of sprites which was what threw me off.

6. chilon

chilon

I'm facing this issue with 2018.3.5 and it's extremely annoying.

7. ChuanXin

ChuanXin

Unity Technologies

Hi, could you file a bug with the Unity Bug Reporter with the texture that you are using and post the bug number here?
    That would be very helpful!

8. chilon

chilon

The issue happened for about 10 hours, I woke up the next day and it stopped happening. Hmm. Is the Linux version of the editor much buggier or something?

9. ChuanXin

ChuanXin

Unity Technologies

That should not be the case and would be worse if the behavior for setting up the Tile Palette is not deterministic.

Sending a bug report for reproduction would be helpful in tracking down this behavior!