Search Unity

[Feature Request] menu injection

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by Favo-Yang, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Favo-Yang

Favo-Yang

I wish to extend the menu of addressables panel, put a "Inspect Import Settings" somewhere. The way it current implemented is hard to achieve this without some injection points. A better-to-have feature though.

danilonishimura likes this.
  2. unity_bill

unity_bill

We are working on a UI redesign (in the coming months) that will slightly rearrange some things. Adding a clear extension point while we're at it is a good idea.

3. AlkisFortuneFish

AlkisFortuneFish

While you are at it, it would be worth having a think about how you could expose extensibility to processes that are not, strictly speaking, analysis rules. For example, I have made an analysis rule that exports a GraphViz dot diagram of assets in each bundle and their dependency relations. I did it as an analysis rule based on the check dupes rules, as that seems to have the right data available to it. However, it doesn’t really fit the overall architecture of that, as it is just a process that takes the same data inputs as an analysis rule and exports some data, it doesn’t really have analysis “results” as such.

unity_bill and danilonishimura like this.