Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Feature Request: Mass "Thank You" Message to Non-Accepted Applicants

Discussion in 'Unity Connect' started by infinitypbr, Nov 8, 2016.

1. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Hello!!

I have a task up, and I'm discussing details with an applicant. If things work out, then I won't be accepting anyone else. However, there are some very nice people there and I don't want to make them feel that I don't like them or that they wasted their time by applying.

(After all, if you keep applying and never hear back, maybe you'll stop applying, and that's not good for anyone!)

I'd like to be able to send a mass "Thank you, I've filled the position with a qualified candidate. Many of you were also qualified, but unfortunately I can only book the one person." type message to all who applied.

It's a shame, in a way -- I am discussing with the first applicant that seems qualified, but keeping the task up just in case it doesn't work out. If it does, then all these people who are applying are doing so for naught.

Maybe as a second request, a "Pending" status? So people know that they can apply, but that someone else is pending approval?

Andrew

Malicjusz likes this.
  2. markp-unity

markp-unity

What a great idea! We'll design something for this and try to get it in an upcoming release. Really nice idea :D

3. JuneyD

JuneyD

+1

Would also appreciate being able to provide feedback to those I "Skip". If I ever applied to a job and wasn't chosen, I would always ask why -- In return, I'd like to provide feedback to those that apply that we're not choosing.