Search Unity

Feature Request: Leave Hub Open

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by pushxtonotdie, Oct 5, 2018.

1. pushxtonotdie

pushxtonotdie

As a user who works on a number of projects, it is quite common I have multiple unity instances running every day. I also suffer from certain projects that just like to crash. As such I frequently have to re-open the hub.

On Mac the hub doesn't work like most mac applications. It stays open, but the window closes. Cmd-tabbing to the hub takes you to an application with no running windows. On Windows the hub immediately closes. This is also inconsistent between platforms.

I would like this behaviour to instead be consistent and simply leave the hub open. If this doesn't track with your current UX, perhaps a preference where we could toggle 'Leave Hub Open' would work.

Thanks

afshinity likes this.
  2. Player7

Player7

yeah I agree option to leave hub open to load another project

afshinity likes this.
  3. afshinity

afshinity

Unity Technologies

This feature is requested, and we are considering adding this option. Thanks for the feedback

4. pushxtonotdie

pushxtonotdie

Thank you afshinity! I was shipping a new version of my plugin and I had to switch between four different projects with various unity versions for purposes of compatibility testing. I also need to test 'fresh' installs which means shutting down, deleting some files, then re-opening. This feature would be nice to have there as well!

5. Gillissie

Gillissie

I strongly agree with the original post. It's disconcerting that the window disappears while the app continues to run. I reported this as a bug, but was told that it's currently "by design" and I need to make a feature request to change it. Why this behavior is by design is beyond me. Please leave the window open. If we want it closed, we'll close it. If we want the hub to quit, we'll quit it. Thanks.