Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Feature Request] Hub Templates could overwrite default Editor Templates

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by FritzsHero, Aug 8, 2019.

?

Unity Hub Templates?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No !

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes, but give me dark mode first

100.0%
  1. FritzsHero

FritzsHero

I would request a general option inside the hub, which allows to overwrite the ScriptTemplates, so new Scripts always have my special layout applied. Theses Templates are located under (2019.2.0f1\Editor\Data\Resources\ScriptTemplates).
    Because right now you have to do this everytime you update your engine version.

This has no high priority, but might be a great addition to have an option. If we could set up the Templates inside the Hubs main folder and tick a checkbox inside the Hub to overwrite them each time a new engine version is installed would be handy.
    This could also be done with other stuff that is editable, so the user have more options to define his workflow.

joaoborks likes this.
  2. Baste

Baste

You can have the script templates as a part of your project. Here's how.

AbrahamDUnity likes this.
  3. joaoborks

joaoborks

@FritzsHero I have also requested this feature here and received the same feedback. Since then, I've created a simple tool to do what I wanted to suit my needs. It's free on the asset store and has an open source repository. I know that we can create templates for projects individually, but I use my templates on all of my local projects. Just figured it would be better, and it's working just fine so far.