Search Unity

[Feature request] Hide collab projects

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by JonInception, Nov 14, 2019.

1. JonInception

JonInception

May have been asked before, if so apologies, google came up short.

I work in a company that uses git for developer source control, but has a bunch of projects in collab that I'm not interested in
    upload_2019-11-14_19-36-51.png

These become frustrating when scrolling through Hub and seeing many greyed out cloud projects that I will never need or use.

Could you add a "Show cloud projects" checkbox in the settings, so I can turn this off?
    I don't mind if it's on by default, as long as it's togglable.

Thanks

P.S. even a manual "remove from view" per cloud project would be better than now, even though a global option would be more convenient for my use case.

2. safaGH

safaGH

Unity Technologies

Hello !
    We are working on a more extended preferences tab that may give the user access to control some of the app behaviour and this is a good suggestion. I will communicate it to the team :) Thank you for your feedback !

3. soleron

soleron

Did this end up being a feature?

I want to create tutorials from scratch and I do not want people to see my current projects. Do I need to remove them?

It would be great if you could just hide them or not see them by logging in to a new account.

4. judesidloski

judesidloski

Unity Technologies

The feature was in a sense included in HUB 3.0 which is that collab projects no longer show in the projects list unless the user has downloaded them. -- so not a checkbox. The only real route to do what you are asking would be to remove the projects.

Feel free to submit a feature request ! It is a good idea. An aside thought is maybe you could keep the window stationary and then edit in a grey square over the irrelevant projects and make it look like they aren't there.

https://portal.productboard.com/bjw...dea?utm_medium=social&utm_source=portal_share

5. soleron

soleron

@judesidloski

What could probably be done easily is classic blur overlay as it is offered by many banking apps and others where private information can be kept private.

i.e.
    upload_2024-1-23_16-4-56.png