Search Unity

Feedback Feature Request For Package Manager

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by AaronVictoria, Jun 3, 2021.

1. AaronVictoria

AaronVictoria

I own over 4,000 packages on the Unity Asset Store, so as you may guess, managing them is a bit difficult with the new Package Manager. Labels is a truly amazing help, and after going through all 4,000+ assets and updating the labels, I still need a few things to help navigate my collection more easily.

First, a reasonably sized thumbnail inline with the package title would be very nice. Many of the packages I buy have seen name changes over their lifecycle, some have identical names to other packages, or I have just become more familiar with the thumbnail art as opposed to the names. Having to click each package and look to the information panel to determine if it's the one I'm looking for significantly reduces the efficiency of browsing my library.

Lastly, I'd love to see the "Update Available" filter make an appearance in the new Package Manager as I have no other way of seeing a full list of what assets have updates available; once again relegating me to browsing through my entire library, click-by-click to see if the package with an update available is even the one I'm interested in. As stated earlier, having labels have definitely helped me isolating things significantly but honestly it's just not enough for 4,000+ assets, most of which are shared between multiple labels.

IAmJustADog and firstuser like this.
  2. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Community Engagement Manager PSM

Hey there, thanks for the feedback :) I've chat to the team and while there is nothing to share with regards to support/progress, it's something already on the teams radar to address.

AaronVictoria likes this.
  3. AaronVictoria

AaronVictoria

That is great to hear! Thanks for the follow-up.