Search Unity

Feedback Feature Request: Edit Timeline Keyframes in Context and Keyframe Snapping.

Discussion in 'Timeline' started by FGPArthurVII, Feb 24, 2021.

1. FGPArthurVII

FGPArthurVII

Currently when using the timeline if you record a keyframe (say, position or rotation record for example) You have to double click the track (or clip If It's a clip track) and Unity will redirect you into the animator so you can edit the frames. But this is not very efficient, as It takes workflow time to change between the tabs, or If you choose to dock the Animator somewhere else simultaneously to the Timeline, It is now taking screen space you could be using to something like seeing the animation you're doing instead of looking at It through a tiny tiny square on the screen. Not only that, It is not very intuitive to be constantly leaping through windows for this.

So my request for this is: Please make It possible to edit (drag, drop, delete, alter, etc) the Keyframes straight from the Timeline!

As for the second request:

I've lost count of how many times I tried to change a previously recorded keyframe to another value or something, so I got my timestamp marker into the recorded frame then re-recorded It, just to find out Unity saved the keyframe 1 frame before, or after, instead of replacing It.

For this: Please add an option on which keyframes would have so sort of... magnetism, If you will... so my marker snaps in the right place. Or better yet, If I could just click the keyframes and instantly change It's value, just like I can select a clip from the Timeline and change It's stuff in the Inspector.

Thanks,
    Arthur