Search Unity

[Feature request] Discount/Promotional Offers support on IOS/Mac

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by EmilieCollard191, Apr 14, 2021.

1. EmilieCollard191

EmilieCollard191

Hello, I checked the native IOS code of and there no Discount/Promotional Offers support.
    Do you plan to add it?

I'm talking about this:
    https://developer.apple.com/documen..._promotional_offers_in_your_app?language=objc

Before the unification we changed the native IOS code ourselves.
    Now that this code is tucked away in the package we can't as easily change it without duplicating it.

If you don't plan to add it what would be the best to add ours custom change to the package?

On another note we added code to get the localeIdentifier of the priceLocale variable in the native code.
    We need this to correctly format the price when we show the user how much they save buying our yearly subscription.

The package code get something similar to get the isoCurrencyCode
    Would it be possible to add some code to support priceLocale

2. John_Corbett

John_Corbett

Hi @EmilieCollard191,

I will check to see if this is on our roadmap, but until we have support for this here's how you should still be able modify your package.

1. Download or copy all of the package contents to a folder that you'll probably want in your source control.
    2. Modify the package as you did before, including whatever diff markers you used.
    3. "Add Package from Disk" like so (UI is from 2021.1): upload_2021-4-14_15-23-5.png
    4. Select the package.json file in your folder copy and your local modified package should load as if it were the one we offer.
    Of course, you may need to run the usual merges when you update, but that sounds like it's outside the scope of this discussion.

Let me know if that works!

3. EmilieCollard191

EmilieCollard191

Hello, did you have time to check if this feature is on the roadmap?