Search Unity

Feature Request - Custom Template / Package / Folder setup + Installation path.

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by harperAtustwo, Jul 9, 2018.

1. harperAtustwo

harperAtustwo

Hi, I am sorry, I have not read through all the the posts so if this is a repeat, please forgive me. There are 2 features I would love to see emerge from Unity Hub.

I often setup projects and have to build my folder structure every time and import classes that I need. I started making a repo for my "empty project" but to update it and import it is inconvenient. Unity Hub appears to be all about convenience and organization and I think having the ability to populate a template for your unity projects and select it when creating a new project would be awesome.

Windows is installed on one drive, "C:" but just about all of my data is installed on another drive "K". Including my program installations. If I install a new version of unity via the hub, I have no choice but to install it on C, so I have to go to the downloads page instead, download and install it manually so I can get it on K and then locate it via Hub.

Thank you.

2. DanielTG

DanielTG

Hi @harperAtustwo,

The ability to create a custom template is on our roadmap and equally depends on Editor functionality we plan to enable. Unfortunately, it’s not something we will be able to complete for the 2018.x release cycle.
    For your second point, you can specific a custom install path for your Editors installations by clicking the “gear” icon in the Hub. Local asset store packages or the newer package manager cache, will still be stored on your C:\ drive though.

Thanks
    Daniel

3. harperAtustwo

harperAtustwo