Search Unity

Feedback [Feature Request] Custom Project Name Display

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by DuncanAbrakam, Jan 11, 2022.

1. DuncanAbrakam

DuncanAbrakam

Hello,

I've downloaded the Hub 3.0.0 today, and it looks great so far. As we are migrating from a version to another, I thought it was the right time to ask for this. Currently, as in the unity Hub v2, projects are displayed by their name and their path. In my case, I work right now with 6 clones of our game's repository. One for the base game, one to work in a reduced complexity with only parts of the game when I need to debug something hard to find, and finally four for consoles, as switching from one target to another can take a long time.

What I would like to have is the possibility to rename the projet inside the Hub to display something different than the project's name. The reason is our project is inside a main folder for our git repository, and so once in Unity Hub, the same name is displayed 6 times in bold, really visible, while the interesting information that I need (the path) is not so visible. In my case making the path more visible would also work but I think a custom name could be useful in other cases.

Thanks for considering the proposition

2. DuncanAbrakam

DuncanAbrakam

I didn't have a look at the roadmap, my bad ! But I'm happy to learn that, nice !