Search Unity

Resolved Feature Request: Confirm Box for Reverting Changes in Skinning Editor

Discussion in '2D' started by Unrighteouss, Jan 18, 2022.

1. Unrighteouss

Unrighteouss

Hello,

This is more of a safeguard request than an actual feature. The "Revert" and "Apply" buttons are right next to each other in the Skinning Editor, and both execute instantly after pressing them without double checking anything.

It's happened several times now where I've accidentally pressed the "Revert" button instead of "Apply" and erased all the work I had done. Pressing either of these options can't be undone, so I find it a bit strange that they're so easy to press accidentally.

Of course, it's not that difficult to hit "Apply" every few minutes to avoid any major issues, however I think adding a confirmation dialogue box would save some users a few headaches.

Thank you.

Example.JPG

Kurt-Dekker likes this.
  2. MarekUnity

MarekUnity

Unity Technologies

Hi @Unrighteouss, we already have this feature and it's part of the Sprite Editor window. You can access it from the Preferences window
    upload_2022-1-19_8-44-58.png

Unrighteouss likes this.
  3. Unrighteouss

Unrighteouss

Thanks for the reply @MarekUnity

I was completely unaware of this because it seems to be absent from the latest LTS (2020.3.26f1):
    Preferences.JPG

The above screenshot was taken in a new project created from the 2D core template.

The feature is also missing from the page you've linked: https://docs.unity3d.com/2022.1/Documentation/Manual/Preferences.html

I suspected that this was a new feature added in 2021, and after downloading the latest build, my suspicions were confirmed. This feature seems to be exclusive to Unity 2021.

I completely understand why this feature wouldn't have been added to the latest LTS, and I look forward to using it in the future when 2021 becomes more stable.

Thanks for the info!

MarekUnity likes this.
  4. MarekUnity

MarekUnity

Unity Technologies

That's correct, it was added in 2021, and any Unity version from 2021.1 or higher will include this.

Thanks for pointing that out. I spoke with my team and the updated 2D section is in the working.

Unrighteouss likes this.