Search Unity

Feature Request - Can the hub actually state what the current platform is for a project?

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by Carwashh, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Carwashh

Carwashh

The drop down for 'Target Platform' has the option to launch with thte "current platform"... the platform the project was last opened for ... can the hub be updated to actuall tell us what that platform is?

makaka-org, JohnnyFactor and rsodre like this.
  2. unity_shelley_sh

unity_shelley_sh

Unity Technologies

Hi @Carwashh, thank you for your suggestion. I will let the hub team know and we will examine this option.

makaka-org and Carwashh like this.
  3. rsodre

rsodre

Also, when we're creating a NEW project, let us select the starting current Platform.

4. unity_shelley_sh

unity_shelley_sh

Unity Technologies

Hi @Carwashh, I believe this feature was requested and is already part of our roadmap. Thank you for your suggestion.

Carwashh likes this.
  5. unity_shelley_sh

unity_shelley_sh

Unity Technologies

Hi @rsodre, same as above. Thank you for your suggestion.

rsodre likes this.
  6. Carwashh

Carwashh

excellent, thank you

7. Deleted User

Deleted User

@unity_shelley_sh do we have access to the roadmap? I'm also waiting for the "show the actual platform instead of current platform" fix.

8. Grumpy-Dot

Grumpy-Dot

+1 bump for this feature

9. JohnnyFactor

JohnnyFactor

+1 from me too. I waited an hour importing a project just to discover that the current platform was not what I thought it was, and had to reimport again. The old Hub had this feature and I don't understand why it was removed.

10. JohnnyFactor

JohnnyFactor

So it's a year later and it's still not fixed, unless you can tell me what platform my project is set to:

hub.jpg

default_team and Carwashh like this.
  11. ProbePLayer

ProbePLayer

Still not there...

12. JohnnyFactor

JohnnyFactor

I read somewhere else that it's intentional and by design, so I don't expect it to change anytime soon. An explanation would be nice though.

13. BenjiM_Unity

BenjiM_Unity

Unity Technologies

Thank you everyone for the feedback. The team has shared that a future version will address this issue.

Carwashh and JohnnyFactor like this.
  14. dri_richard

dri_richard

I find it hard to write something without sounding incredibly impatient & frustrated. Please implement this feature soon.

Carwashh likes this.
  15. Maisey

Maisey

Again...It's time to remove this freaking "Current Platform" and actually select the platform that is "current". And while you're at it, when platform has not been selected previously, ASK the user which platform they wanna use. This would save people insane amount of time so they don't have to reimport the whole project.

I even stopped updating Unity Hub on one of my dev stations because they made it even less obvious which platform was selected (on the newer one it doesn't even say until you press the Editor Version number). @BenjiM_Unity

Thank you!