Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Feature request - animated tiles

Discussion in '2D Experimental Preview' started by julianosott, Aug 5, 2016.

1. julianosott

julianosott

Will Tile Map support animated tiles? It would be very nice.

Thanks!

2. Johaness_Reuben

Johaness_Reuben

Animated tiles is already supported. In the example/demo project. TileMapExample01 scene, the waterfall is animated tiles.
    You need to create an Animated Tile asset. Right-Click in ProjectVew and choose Animated Tile. Then provide the sprites on the created asset. Then set the Animation frame rate on the Tile Map.

In Assets\TileAssets\ScriptedTiles\ , WaterfallMain and WaterfallSplash are the Animated tile assets for the waterfall in the scene.

z80studio and dirtycoder like this.
  3. TheLurkingDev

TheLurkingDev

In what version of Unity was this feature added?

4. Johaness_Reuben

Johaness_Reuben

5. TheLurkingDev

TheLurkingDev

Thank you!

So I assume that this is not included in the latest available beta (5.5.0b4)?

If not, is there any estimate as to when this will be merged into the main branch?

6. Johaness_Reuben

Johaness_Reuben

Correct, it is not included in the 5.5 beta. I can't provide an estimate to that yet. We will most likely have a couple of more iterations in Preview first, for example the next Preview (3) will have a refactored TileMap palette which requires at least one feedback cycle and then one more for improvements/fixes.

7. z80studio

z80studio

Hello @JohanessReuben , I downloaded the content of extra 2d and tried to install the pack following instructions and it didn´t work. When I need to create a Animated Tile component it isn´t displayed on menu.

8. ChuanXin

ChuanXin

Unity Technologies

Could you share which version of Unity and which branch of 2d-extras you are using? You will need a specific branch of 2d-extras for a specific version of Unity.

If there are any errors in the console, please do share them too. Thanks!