Search Unity

Question .fbx armature/animation problems

Discussion in 'Asset Importing & Exporting' started by djweaver, Sep 15, 2020.

1. djweaver

djweaver

Upon importing my animated fbx to unity, my models armature is scaled to .2748192. In blender, I have "applied" the scale such that both the mesh and the armature are showing a scale of 1, 1, 1. It has been a MONTH of fooling with this and I can not find any component, object, mesh, bone, armature, animation, script, json file, config file, etc. in blender that reflects this very specific number .2748192. No matter how many times I "apply" that 1, 1, 1, scale in blender, unity ALWAYS converts the armature to the odd scale.

This makes my model that is 2x2 blender units shrink to roughly .5 unity units. Worse yet, if I reset the transform of the armature within unity, when I animate it shrinks back to this smaller size. I have tried literally every setting in the fbx export... with or without custom properties, changing unit scale to fbx units and back, etc. I've followed several tutorials relevant to later versions of blender about .fbx exporting for unity, however, they all deal with typically ONE common issue, which is the -90 rotation, and the 100x armature scale, and no matter what I do, I still get this .2748192 scale on the armature.

2. djweaver

djweaver

Is there another format I can use to launder my model through? Like a format that would sanitize (or reset) any scaling weirdness but still be able to be imported back into blender without destroying my mesh and animations?