Search Unity

FBX Animation Import Problem

Discussion in 'Animation' started by cheezypoophs, Feb 7, 2014.

1. cheezypoophs

cheezypoophs

I'm at a loss now as to the source of this particular problem. I've imported several models and animations successfully into Unity, but with seemingly no further actions I've run into an odd problem where the animation keyframe data simply disappears.

Upon initially importing the FBX, I set the scale to one, animation type to Legacy, and Generation to Store in Root(New). In the Animations tab then I can preview the clips, and the previews all look as it should, the animations display correctly, the source take looks good, etc. Once I drag the import onto a prefab and check the animation window with the imported prefab highlighted, I can see that there is keyframe data only for the first two of the 5 takes. Trying to actually play the animation results in no error, just the default animation playing.

I've checked the FBX files themselves and there is nothing wrong with them, they have all the takes as expected and everything is in order. I've been exporting the FBX's through blender and have tried to simply re-export several different times the FBX that is having issues. Note that only one of the imports is having this problem, I can edit the other FBX files fine. Basically I'm pretty sure the problem is not with the FBX files.

Any help is appreciated.

EDIT: So I managed to fix the problem by importing cleanly, setting the Animation Type to Legacy, and Generation to Store in Root(Deprecated). Lastly with all previous imports I would edit the list of animation Clips in the Animations tab, apparently this causes all the keyframe data to disappear, if I leave it as is with all of the trash actions there the keyframe data stays. Sounds like just a supremely annoying Unity bug.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014