Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Favorites Tab[s] - your favorite assets and game objects

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Flipbookee, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Gua

Gua

I've removed FG_GameObjectGUIDs from the scene and allowed Favorites create new FG_GameObjectGUIDs. I haven't seen those errors for some time. I'll let you know if those errors comeback.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
    Flipbookee likes this.
  2. Gua

Gua

This error just popped-up.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    UnityEditor.AssetDatabase.IsMainAsset (UnityEngine.Object obj) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/bindings_old/common/Editor/AssetDatabaseBindings.gen.cs:72)
    FavoritesTab.OnGUI () (at Assets/FlipbookGames/FavoritesTab/Editor/Scripts/FavoritesTab.cs:1413)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at <ac823e2bb42b41bda67924a45a0173c3>:0)
    Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at <ac823e2bb42b41bda67924a45a0173c3>:0)
    System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at <ac823e2bb42b41bda67924a45a0173c3>:0)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName, System.Object obj) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:342)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:336)
    UnityEditor.HostView.InvokeOnGUI (UnityEngine.Rect onGUIPosition, UnityEngine.Rect viewRect) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:310)
    UnityEditor.DockArea.DrawView (UnityEngine.Rect viewRect, UnityEngine.Rect dockAreaRect, System.Boolean customBorder, System.Boolean floatingWindow, System.Boolean isBottomTab) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/DockArea.cs:363)
    UnityEditor.DockArea.OldOnGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/DockArea.cs:322)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.DoOnGUI (UnityEngine.Event evt, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 worldTransform, UnityEngine.Rect clippingRect, System.Boolean isComputingLayout) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/IMGUIContainer.cs:244)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
    Flipbookee likes this.
  3. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

I see... That should be an easy fix, but I think I've fixed that already locally, so I'll check how I did that.

4. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

@Gua I just sent you a work-in-progress version of the latest updates for Favorites Tabs. Please let me know how that works for you when you get a chance to check :)

5. petrucio

petrucio

I'd also like that fix for those exceptions, they are pretty annoying.

Flipbookee and username132323232 like this.
  6. petrucio

petrucio

I also get these matching exceptions following those:

Code (CSharp):
    1. ArgumentException: Getting control 0's position in a group with only 0 controls when doing repaint
    2. Aborting
    3. UnityEngine.GUILayoutGroup.GetNext () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/LayoutGroup.cs:122)
    4. UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.DoGetRect (System.Single minWidth, System.Single maxWidth, System.Single minHeight, System.Single maxHeight, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUILayoutUtility.cs:464)
    5. UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.GetRect (System.Single width, System.Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUILayoutUtility.cs:441)
    6. UnityEngine.GUILayout.Space (System.Single pixels) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUILayout.cs:219)
    7. FavoritesTab.DoToolbar () (at Assets/Plugins/FlipbookGames/FavoritesTab/Editor/Scripts/FavoritesTab.cs:2273)
    8. FavoritesTab.OnGUI () (at Assets/Plugins/FlipbookGames/FavoritesTab/Editor/Scripts/FavoritesTab.cs:1515)
    9. System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at <a8ed250850854b439cedc18931a314fe>:0)
    10. Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    11. UnityEngine.UIElements.UIR.RenderChain.Render (UnityEngine.Rect topRect, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 projection) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/Renderer/UIRChainBuilder.cs:238)
    12. UnityEngine.UIElements.UIRRepaintUpdater.DrawChain (UnityEngine.Rect topRect, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 projection) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/Renderer/UIRRepaintUpdater.cs:66)
    13. UnityEngine.UIElements.UIRRepaintUpdater.Update () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/Renderer/UIRRepaintUpdater.cs:54)
    14. UnityEngine.UIElements.VisualTreeUpdater.UpdateVisualTree () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/VisualTreeUpdater.cs:72)
    15. UnityEngine.UIElements.Panel.Repaint (UnityEngine.Event e) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/Panel.cs:637)
    16. UnityEngine.UIElements.UIElementsUtility.DoDispatch (UnityEngine.UIElements.BaseVisualElementPanel panel) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/UIElementsUtility.cs:240)
    17. UnityEngine.UIElements.UIElementsUtility.ProcessEvent (System.Int32 instanceID, System.IntPtr nativeEventPtr) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/UIElementsUtility.cs:78)
    18. UnityEngine.GUIUtility.ProcessEvent (System.Int32 instanceID, System.IntPtr nativeEventPtr) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUIUtility.cs:179)

Flipbookee likes this.
  7. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

I'll be sending it in a moment... Please let me know how that works for you! I've been trying to get these fixes released for some time and any help would be highly appreciated.

8. username132323232

username132323232

Could you please send the fixed version to me too? Thanks!

Flipbookee likes this.
  9. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

The latest version of the Favorites Tabs got just released on the Asset Store! :cool:

Go, grab it from here... It works with all versions of Unity, even with the latest beta release :)

I hope you'll enjoy it, so let me know if you do (or if you don't, of course, for whatever reason).

Lars-Steenhoff likes this.
  10. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

Thanks! I was looking forward to using it in the latest beta and now its already possible! Unity changed some things around and the UI of the SI console had overlapping menu items, I will check if its better now.

Flipbookee likes this.
  11. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

Ah, SI Console is not part of the Favorites Tabs, so this update won’t fix that. I noticed the issue with overlapping buttons when I tested Si3 there and it will be an easy fix, so I hope I’ll get that fixed too this week and release an update over the weekend.

12. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

Ah yea sorry I got mixed up, saw your name thought about si3.
    Good news both assets get updated!

Flipbookee likes this.
  13. fmelogno

fmelogno

Hi, there is a way to view the object saved as a favorite in a scene persistently. I will explain better what I want to do, I bookmark an object from scene A, then, if I change to scene B, that object could show in its description that it belongs to scene A, and if I click on it, I change from scene B to scene A and I select the object.
    Thank you...

Flipbookee likes this.
  14. grimmy

grimmy

Hi, I'm getting this error in 2019.2.8f1:

ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added. Key: 287
    System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].TryInsert (TKey key, TValue value, System.Collections.Generic.InsertionBehavior behavior) (at <599589bf4ce248909b8a14cbe4a2034e>:0)

Not sure if it harmless or not but I have been having Unity crash a lot recently. Maybe its related. Who knows.

15. novaVision

novaVision

This asset need to be updated finally... too many warning messages of deprecated methods... so unnoyong, stopped to use it at all because of it

16. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

Hi @grimmy!

Sorry, there's nothing in that call stack that would suggest it's related to the Favorites Tabs... And no, Unity crashing is not related to exceptions thrown from managed code. Only the native code can crash an application, managed code is all protected from crashes and it can only throw exceptions. And all of the Favorites Tabs is running as managed code, so no, you can't crash Unity from managed code even if that's intentional. But you could call a managed code function in the Unity API that calls a native code function deeper inside Unity, and that code may crash the application, but that always indicates an error in that code, which in this case would be code of the Unity Editor or the Unity game engine embedded inside the editor.

But yeah, I'll check anyway. What version of the Favorites Tabs do you use, please?

17. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

Same question for you @novaVision, what version of the Favorites Tabs did you use before stopping? Have you tried the latest one from the Asset Store? If yes, in what version of Unity, please?

18. ballistic_cowboy

ballistic_cowboy

Hi Flipbookee,

Thanks very much for the great asset, it's really helping my productivity and I'm very pleased with the purchase. There is one behaviour I would like to customise and I wonder if there is already an option to do this or an easy way I can code a patch if needed?

When I am editing a game object in the inspector it would be nice if selecting a favorite folder in the favorites tab doesn't change the inspector away to look at that folder (it only opens up an empty inspector anyway because there aren't any inspector properties on a folder) and only changes project browser to look at the folder instead. I know I can lock the inspector as well, but it is less efficient to be locking and unlocking it, rather than having a helpful default behaviour of the favourites folder. Let me know if something like that is possible!

Many thanks.

Last edited: May 24, 2020
    Flipbookee likes this.
unityunity