Search Unity

Faulty Weapon Model

Discussion in 'FPS.Sample Game' started by sullaysur, Dec 27, 2018.

1. sullaysur

sullaysur

Hello Community,

i have a problem, every time i download the project, the player weapon is faulty.

Here the Screen:

Has anybody an idea to fix this?

sullaysur!

2. sorkoxd

sorkoxd

Do you use the version of unity specified in the readme?
    2018.30b12 should be the right version wich you can find here unity3d.com/de/unity/beta/2018.3.0b12 .

Your picture looks like you are using version 2018.30f2 .

3. sullaysur

sullaysur

Yes i'm using Unity 2018.3.0b12.

4. sorkoxd

sorkoxd

ok i assume you also did reimport t:models and you never opened the project with any other version of unity and you also deleted the whole folder before downloading again.

in that case i dont know why this is happening but maybe i can give some dirty hint on how to fix this.
    Seems like the liquid looking part of the weapon has a wrong offset so did you tried to adjust the positions manually in the model or prefab?
    when you show or open the prefab is it displayed wrong? go assets->prefabs->weapons->TerraformerWeapon
    If it doesnt look right try to open the prefab via the button in the inspector and adjust the positions of the objects that need it and that should do the trick.

AggressiveMastery likes this.
  5. AggressiveMastery

AggressiveMastery

Did you download the sample via the git hub zip, or via GIT LFS Clone via command line?
    If you downloaded the zip, you did NOT get everything. So it complied oddly, as stuff is missing.

That's when I have seen the gun split apart like that, when mixing up the files.

Command line GIT with LFS (Large File Support) command should be this:

mkdir c:\where_you_want_the_clone
    git clone https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/FPSSample c:\where_you_want_the_clone

Then re-import, re-do all the stuff (t:models re-import, firstperson script reimport) and recompile everything. The Burst Compiler errors should remain, but the missing content should resolve.

6. sullaysur

sullaysur

i cloned it via git Desktop is there any problem with that? The Size of the project is about 38,6Gb

7. AggressiveMastery

AggressiveMastery

Seems about right :S

8. sorkoxd

sorkoxd

i dont think this is a download problem because you where able to runn the project without big problems and it doesnt look corrupted except the weapon.

I think something later went wrong, on importing would be my first guess.

Can you find any other faulty models? Are there something strange happening sometimes while playing?

9. Que

Que

@sullaysur
    In getting started guide, you need to reimport the models and shaders again, it is a known bug in Unity 2018.3

I was able to test it.

10. amrazyan

amrazyan

upload_2019-1-1_17-21-41.png

Just select this shaders and reimport

11. AggressiveMastery

AggressiveMastery

You need to be sure and follow each to the steps to the T...

https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/FPSSample

NOTE: Due to a bug in Unity 2018.3 beta, you have to take the following steps right after the initial import:
    1. Search for t:model in the Project search field. Select them all, right click and reimport them.
    2. Search for Firstperson_Projection in the Project search field. Select the 4 shaders, right click and reimport them.

12. sullaysur

sullaysur

Thanks for the help, if im home i will try this

13. suneke

suneke

Unity Technologies

That looks like missing shader keywords.

From the getting stated guide:
    NOTE: Due to a limitation in Unity 2018.3, you have to look out for errors like this Maximum number (256) of shader keywords exceeded, keyword <KEYWORD_NAME> will be ignored. and similar. If you get these, you can close and open Unity and then try and build again. The errors are relatively harmless but can lead to graphical artifacts as some shaders will have wrong keywords.