Search Unity

Fatal Error

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Wrymn, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Wrymn

Wrymn

Every time I try to run Unity3d it gives me Fatal Error after about 2 secs of launching.
    Fatal Error
    attempt to write readonly database

I tried restarting PC, and launching unity through my Scene, lunchning as Administrator, Nothing helped.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
  2. Jaimi

Jaimi

Make sure you don't have the read-only attribute set on the files in the project. Sometimes adding to source control will toggle this.

3. Wrymn

Wrymn

Okay GOT IT BACK, Thanks :D btw unchecking box did not resolve the problem but installing some program did.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
  4. Jaimi

Jaimi

Glad you got it working, what was it that fixed it?

5. Wrymn

Wrymn

I went to a forum, dont exactly remember and I directly downloaded file Unhide. Ran it, and it automaticaly did something in CMD, After 3 mins, it ended, and whola, It worked.

6. cadviz

cadviz

I have the same problem... tried what you mensioned about "Unhide"... still have the same problem... :(
    EDIT
    I Removed Unity and installed it again... same problem:sad::sad:

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  7. com314159

com314159

What the file you have downloaded? can you share it ?

Eqysterika likes this.
  8. paranoidAndroid

paranoidAndroid

A simple fix is to right click on the project root folder and set all files to read-only, after this is done do the same but un-check the read-only flag. Seems to have fixed my issue

tonaros likes this.
  9. DragonTayl

DragonTayl

I don't know if anyone else is reading these threads, but I had the same problem (four years later) and what made the difference for me seems to have been that I had put my project folder on an external drive (most of my data and space is there, it's more or less my "live" drive) but after several attempts where I kept having trouble, I tried putting the project in the default folder on my main drive and no problems since.

llicata and milsomjonathan like this.
  10. jfragos

jfragos

I was experiencing the same problem on a Mac running Sierra. I was trying to create a project on an external 3tb USB drive and kept getting the fatal error. So I successfully created the project on the main internal hard drive and then simply copied the project to the external drive. So far it seems to be working. The version. of Unity I am using is 2018.2.17f1. Hope this helps :)

Eqysterika likes this.