Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Fatal Error : null

Discussion in 'Flash' started by Pandemona, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Pandemona

Pandemona

When i try to run unity based flash games little red bordered box appears at top left corner with message "Fatal Error : null", however this happens only in opera and chrome, Firefox hadn't problems running flash build.

2. RalphH

RalphH

Administrator

3. Pandemona

Pandemona

Code (csharp):
    2. PolicyFileLog=1
    3. PolicyFileLogAppend=0
    4. ErrorReportingEnable=1
    5. TraceOutputFileEnable=1
    those are enabled in mm.cfg but flashlog and policyfilers are clean

4. Pandemona

Pandemona

Oh wait a sec!
    Maybe this is the problem that i couldn't play games builded by community? but what about firefox?

5. RalphH

RalphH

Administrator

The Fatal Error : null will only appear if you haven't got a flash player content debugger.

6. ProtonOne

ProtonOne

I saw this happen when I used the custom pre-loader and ran in Google Chrome from the file:// protocol. Running from a localhost webserver made the problem go away.

7. Karyudo

Karyudo

Um is that different from the debug version of Flash? Because I get Fatal Error : null with that and the current normal variant.

8. RalphH

RalphH

Administrator

Karyudo, please double check with the same browser that you run your unity flash content in that it in fact is a debug player, using playerversion.com or the likes.

9. BloXorZ

BloXorZ

I have the same problem and don't know how to fix it.
    running the html works fine, but if I upload my .swf file it says "fatal error : null" in the upper left corner of the screen

10. RalphH

RalphH

Administrator

@BloXorZ : Your swf needs to be embedded in an html with the parameter wmode=direct set to be able to get a 3D context. This is why we generate a standard html for your project. A standalone swf in the browser will not work for any swf using Stage3d.

11. BloXorZ

BloXorZ

hm, okay. but how can I upload a "(direct URL to playable entry)" as said in "Flash in a Flash Content Submission", if I can't upload the .swf file to any flashgame hoster...

12. RalphH

RalphH

Administrator

MiniClip and Shockwave are both running our AngryBots swf, so there must be something wrong with your individual swf ?

13. BloXorZ

BloXorZ

So you uploaded the .html .swf in a .zip file to shockwave and miniclip?

14. RalphH

RalphH

Administrator

No, they just accept the swf and they provide the HTML.

15. huang

huang

i have the same proble. have it fixed now ?

some error info like "

16. RomainDel

RomainDel

Hi,
    i have the same problem as Huang with the same error message. It is fixed in the last version of Unity?
    i use the 3.5.6f4 for the moment

17. RalphH

RalphH

Administrator

@huang / @romaindel; you issue looks related to using an older version of the embedding api .swc with a newer swf deploy.

With the current information you have provided it's hard to say what the issue actually is, but this functionality is tested with 4.0f7 and is working just fine. Please retest, make sure you use the right .swc files to embed. If it doesn't work, we'd love to see a bug report.

18. ndk

ndk

Hi Ralph,

We're getting the following Error messages for a client project we're working on. We've already missed our deadlines and are still not able to fix it.
    We had even switched to Unity 4.0 from Unity 3.5.6, as in Unity 4.0 the Flash conversion was no more in Beta stage. However, the issue still persists. This occurs only in the Flash version. Web Player version seems to be working fine.

These are mostly coming after we resume from Sleep mode or after we return from Locked Screen.

We also put a blank project with just a cube and a 3D text and put it in lock mode. When resuming, we're getting a message in the log file similar to "lost 3d context. Stopped unity Playerloop until it's back".

Please help us out with fixing these issues, which are coming in the original project after resuming from locked screen:

------------------------------------------------
    Fatal Error : RangeError: Error #1506: The specified range is invalid.
    at com.unity::UnityNative$/malloc()
    at com.unity::UnityNative$/_ZN21UnityDefaultAllocatorI17LowLevelAllocatorE8AllocateEji()
    at com.unity::UnityNative$/_Znaj()
    at com.unity::UnityNative$/_ZN9GfxDevice15UploadTexture2DE9TextureID16TextureDimensionPhiiimimi16TextureUsageMode17TextureColorSpace()
    at com.unity::UnityNative$/_ZN9Texture2D13UploadTextureEb()
    at com.unity::UnityNative$/_ZN9Texture2D6ReloadEv()
    at com.unity::UnityNative$/NativeExt_NewContext3D()
    at com.unity::UnityContentInternal/onNewContext3D()
    at com.unity::UnityContent/onContext3DReCreate()

Fatal Error : Error: Error #1000: The system is out of memory.
    at flash.utils::ByteArray/set length()
    at com.unity::UnityNative$/sbrk()
    at com.unity::UnityNative$/malloc()
    at com.unity::UnityNative$/_Z14PreParseShaderPKcj17GfxDeviceRendererR12ShaderErrors()
    at com.unity::UnityNative$/_Z11ParseShaderPKcjRSt6vectorI4PPtrI6ShaderESaIS4_EEbPPN9ShaderLab12ParserShaderER12ShaderErrors17GfxDeviceRenderer()
    at com.unity::UnityNative$/_ZN6Shader5ParseEPKcj()
    at com.unity::UnityNative$/_ZN6Shader13AwakeFromLoadE17AwakeFromLoadMode()
    at com.unity::UnityNative$/_ZN18AwakeFromLoadQueue30PersistentManagerAwakeFromLoadEi17AwakeFromLoadModePFvR6ObjectRK8TypeTreeE()
    at com.unity::UnityNative$/_ZN21PreloadLevelOperation7PerformEv()
    at com.unity::UnityNative$/_ZN14PreloadManager26UpdatePreloadingSingleStepEb()
    at com.unity::UnityNative$/_Z10PlayerLoopbbP10IHookEvent()
    at com.unity::UnityNative$/NativeExt_PlayerLoop()
    at com.unity::UnityContentInternal/playerLoop()
    at com.unity::UnityContent/onEnterFrame()

The referenced script on this Behaviour is missing!
    ResolutionAdjuster (788.6, 480.0, -81.5) 1577.142822265625 959.9999389648438
    http://174.129.238.246/checkinternet.php
    Warning: Ignoring 'secure' attribute in policy file from http://174.129.238.246/crossdomain.xml. The 'secure' attribute is only permitted in HTTPS and socket policy files. See http://www.adobe.com/go/strict_policy_files for details.
    RangeError: Error #1125: The index 3 is out of range 0.
    at global::LoginButtonController/LoginButtonController_Awake()[E:\Unity_4.X\Flash_showTime\Temp\StagingArea\Data\ConvertedDotNetCode\global\LoginButtonController.as:116]
    at com.unity::UnityNative$/Ext_Flash_InvokeMethodOnObject()
    at com.unity::UnityNative$/_Z23scripting_method_invokeP15ScriptingMethodP15ScriptingObjectR18ScriptingArgumentsPP18ScriptingException()
    at com.unity::UnityNative$/_ZN13MonoBehaviour18CallMethodInactiveEP15ScriptingMethod()
    at com.unity::UnityNative$/_ZN13MonoBehaviour12AddToManagerEv()
    at com.unity::UnityNative$/_ZN9Behaviour13AwakeFromLoadE17AwakeFromLoadMode()
    at com.unity::UnityNative$/_ZN13MonoBehaviour13AwakeFromLoadE17AwakeFromLoadMode()
    at com.unity::UnityNative$/_ZN18AwakeFromLoadQueue30PersistentManagerAwakeFromLoadEi17AwakeFromLoadModePFvR6ObjectRK8TypeTreeE()
    at com.unity::UnityNative$/_ZN21PreloadLevelOperation19IntegrateMainThreadEv()
    at com.unity::UnityNative$/_Z10PlayerLoopbbP10IHookEvent()
    at com.unity::UnityNative$/NativeExt_PlayerLoop()
    at com.unity::UnityContentInternal/playerLoop()
    at com.unity::UnityContent/onEnterFrame()

(Filename: Line: 0)

PlayerConnection initialized from (debug = 0)
    PlayerConnection disabled - listening mode not supported
    Initialize engine version: 4.0.0f1
    MolehillGfxDevice:DirectX9
    Failed to load font from memory
    Error
    at com.unity::UnityNative$/Ext_Flash_LogCallstack()
    at com.unity::UnityNative$/_Z17DebugStringToFilePKciS0_iiii()
    at com.unity::UnityNative$/_ZN4Font16SetupDynamicFontEv()
    at com.unity::UnityNative$/_ZN4Font13AwakeFromLoadE17AwakeFromLoadMode()
    at com.unity::UnityNative$/_ZN21PreloadLevelOperation7PerformEv()
    at com.unity::UnityNative$/NativeExt_LoadFirstLevel()
    at com.unity::UnityContentInternal/loadFirstLevel()
    at com.unity::UnityContent/onFrameInitStep()
    Failed to load font from memory

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/85349a70920fc13e/Runtime/Filters/Misc/DynamicFontFreeType.cpp Line: 427)
    :(:mad::(:mad:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
  19. RalphH

RalphH

Administrator

That looks like a lot of issues indeed.

Please submit individual cases with repro projects as bugs. Meanwhile, some tips.

Comparing to the Webplayer isn't a good bench; there are many differences between our runtime (the webplayer) and our runtime running on top of the Flash Player runtime; some issues are simply outside of our control. However these cases look like bugs to me on first sight.

I'll start from the bottom up per set;

* Failed to load font from memory :
    looks like there is an issue with loading one of your font files; try and see if switching them out with a ttf that works as a small single project works; try and identify anything strange about the font. (and send us a bug report with that repro if you can).

*Warning: Ignoring 'secure' attribute in policy file from http://174.129.238.246/crossdomain.xml. The 'secure' attribute is only permitted in HTTPS and socket policy files. See http://www.adobe.com/go/strict_policy_files for details.
    Change your policy file to be correct.

* The referenced script on this Behaviour is missing!
    Probably something not converted or actually missing.

*RangeError: Error #1125: The index 3 is out of range 0.
    On Line 116 of E:\Unity_4.X\Flash_showTime\Temp\StagingArea\Data\ ConvertedDotNetCode\global\LoginButtonController.as you'll find an array access, try and see how that relates to your cs code. This might not be a bug but a difference in execution maybe ?

*Fatal Error : Error: Error #1000: The system is out of memory.
    How much memory is your project using ? The response here shows that the Flash runtime is not willing to give out more memory, so it's very likely it's eating up a lot of memory. How the Flash Player behaves (it generally will eat a lot more memory then the unity webplayer), isn't something we control. Try to identify where you are eating up that memory.

*Fatal Error : RangeError: Error #1506: The specified range is invalid.
    This is related to the previous error; not enough memory could be allocated before and this is the result.

20. ndk

ndk

Hi Ralph, the build runs fine when we launch it everytime. These issues are coming only after the computer resume from Sleep mode or after we return from Locked Screen to the browser page.

We also put a blank project with just a cube and a 3D text and put it in lock mode. When resuming, we're getting a message in the log file saying "lost 3d context. Stopped unity Playerloop until it's back".

Are these any how connected. If yes, is there any way refresh and reload all of the resource back when resuming? Also, where can we post the bugs?

21. RalphH

RalphH

Administrator

Unity has a built in bugreporter : Help->Report a Bug.
    Here's an FAQ on how to use it.

I missed your original post's reference about this happening after lock; while context loss is something we deal with, there might be edge cases; the basic case of a cube isn't one. That message is expected.

22. RafalGawel

RafalGawel

Hi, I have "Fatal Error: null" on Chrome with PepperFlash, but everything is fine when I use Firefox, Opera or Chrome with system Flash Player. I cant debug it, because debugger is only available on system Flash Player, where everything works as expected. What can i do?

Regards

23. RalphH

RalphH

Administrator

Unfortunately this disparity between Flash players and specifically issues with the pepper plugin is something we can't fix as it is a flash runtime bug. Please file a bug with Adobe. https://bugbase.adobe.com/