Search Unity

Resolved Fast or Short Animation Clip Freezing Problem

Discussion in 'Animation' started by ElXill, Apr 16, 2023.

1. ElXill

ElXill

I am wondering if there is some kind of subtle limit to animator component how short clips it can play, when conditions and exit state are in effect.

When I use short animation clips or fast ones when they are equal to 3-7 frames that has exit state and conditions are involved. The animation stucks at the end of state,causing a freezes for around 4-8 frames. It happens pretty much consistently.

My animation clips are 30 fps played at 2x speed. The freezing clips' exit time is 1 and transition time 0.

I also tried playing fast short animations with exit state in a loop and no freezing occurred. I tried to redo the freeze with a simpler controller and it didn't happen this time.

I saw an older post mentioning this;
    "You can address this by moving the exit time graph so it ends a little before last frame and transitions smoothly into the exit time condition."

But for me since I don't use transition for this particular animations this is not ideal also still doesn't really fix the freeze.

2. ElXill

ElXill

I guess I can use longer clips and interruption sources. Which would effectively make animations more responsive but still it is not the same thing.
    If there is a fix to freezing problem, it would be great to know.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2023