Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Farseer Physics Engine makes Unity 5 crash (Unity 4.6 doesn't)

Discussion in 'Formats & External Tools' started by cloudcamaleoniv, Apr 3, 2015.

1. cloudcamaleoniv

cloudcamaleoniv

Hello guys. Does someone here uses the Farseer Physics Engine? https://farseerphysics.codeplex.com/
    It's a very stable and powerful framework, used to power up my games since the XNA fever. The problem is that now, in Unity 5, it keeps crashing the engine, note that this didn't happen in Unity 4.6 (neither in older versions).

I've sent a bug report to Unity, but since I'm not a pro member (yet), it may take a long time to obtain a reply. And you guys know, our games must not be stopped!

I've returned to Unity 4.6 to continue my game, but it would be very nice if someone know the answer to my problem.

I've uploaded very small file (~3Mb) in a free upload domain to illustrate my problem, and below is the exactly same description I've sent to the Unity Bug Report. If someone would be kind enough to help me, I would be very grateful.

The file:
    https://mega.co.nz/#!3MZTAKRL!9CgY9RLvqgUKtw5s92W1L6zP_i7KNi4IKjTTqUW_AoA

It says here that the maximum file size is 4Mb, but for some reason, it says that the file is very big. Go figures.

> Don't give up playing!!. It's REALLY random. Sometimes it crashes 3 times in a row. But sometimes take as long as 30 tries.

> I tried to make the scene / project as simple as possible. There's only an ortographic camera, three objects and two custom scripts.
    > The "FarseerWorld" script has some useful information.
    > Testing a build .exe does not make the game crash. So it must be something in the editor
    > Sometimes it crashes when you start playing.
    > sometimes it crashes when you stop playing.
    > Sometimes it crashes during the play.
    > Sometimes it crashes when you pause it (in the editor).
    > Sometimes it just stop working and you have to ctrl+alt+del it down.
    > Sometimes the bug report screen appears, sometimes it doesn't.
    > Sometimes all the docking panels goes blank. Weird stuff!
    > Sometimes it doesn't crash, but the console throws a bunch of ugly exceptions.
    > And sometimes (I'd would say 60% of the time) it doesn't crash at all.
    > I've been using their code for a long time now. Not just in Unity, but also in XNA.