Search Unity

Farmville-like game

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by mihai_caliman_91, Jul 10, 2018.

1. mihai_caliman_91

mihai_caliman_91

Hi guys,

I’ve just joined Unity community and I want to start learning how to create (mobile) games.

I want to create a game that will have features from Farmville 2: Country Escape, Township, Megapolis, Chef Town, Paradise Island 2 and Tribes but I don’t know where to start from.

I’m planning in watching tutorials and make notes on how I can create/achieve certain things.

Can you point me to the right way please? I want to learn as much as possible and then use the things that I learned into my own game design.

Many thanks,
    Mihai

2. verybinary

verybinary

3. RobsonCozendey

RobsonCozendey

You will also have to mess up with server-side code and databases. So, also learn PHP and MySQL, or similars.

Farmville games doesn't need realtime, so you doesn't need to go with something synchronized like Photon. And, unless you have a crowd playing, you can go the cheap route with some shared web server.

4. JennyHide

JennyHide

Definitely go through as many tutorials (like these: https://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials) as you can - they'll help you get a good grounding in Unity. Making notes relevant to the types of games you want to make is also a good idea.

5. Antypodish

Antypodish

More than watching and taking notes, which can be good of course, you want to start practicing from begging.
    Try to replicate code samples, of what you study.

digiross likes this.
  6. Tiny-Tree

Tiny-Tree

you should make an offline version without server where all logic is in your game directly. starting with multiplayer as first project is going to be a very long road