Search Unity

Fantasy mounts - characters pack.

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by s23DRT-com388, Sep 25, 2011.

1. s23DRT-com388

s23DRT-com388

Fantasy animals mounts.

Unitypackage included.

- Includes 5 animated mounts: horse, wolf, tiger, boar, rhino.
    - 5 clean animals version without a saddle.
    - low LOD version for each animal.

More info.

2. mr_Necturus

mr_Necturus

Very nice work!

3. Robbilie2

Robbilie2

awesome!

but waaay to expensive for me :(

4. the_gnoblin

the_gnoblin

great quality, great price :).

thank you!

5. s23DRT-com388

s23DRT-com388

Robbilie, we are about to start another indie resource with variety of pretty cheap models. :)

6. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Seriously?
    I always admire your works, they're awesome.. But they're expensive for indie world.

7. s23DRT-com388

s23DRT-com388

Seriously :) Just takes time to put all stuff together. There will be slightly different user agreement limiting the use for indie devs only. Some of our original packs will be available there as split models as well.

8. drewradley

drewradley

That's awesome! I've always admired your store but it's just outside my budget.

9. sleglik

sleglik

Well I have to agree that for Indie developers like me are you too expensive but I don´t know how difficult is create some 3d model.

10. BrUnO-XaVIeR

BrUnO-XaVIeR

I do model and I know how long it can take to produce such characters.
    I may give this pack a try maybe, if I see it fit my future plans. Its just $30 buck for each model, not expensive at all and are in very good quality, but the non'exclusive nature is always a problem within these art packs.

11. MrDude

MrDude

Personal thoughts:
    - Excellent products
    - Way too expensive for me to afford
    - With the sheer number of models in a kit, definitely worth the price all the same
    - Real sad I can't afford them :p

Will have to go check out the site again to see if that "separate pieces" thing is effect for the kit I want :p

If not yet, any idea when I should go check in again?

12. s23DRT-com388

s23DRT-com388

MrDude, what would be the affordable price for you?
    I keep repeating on this forum that we have huge discounts for newsletter subscribers :)

13. sleglik

sleglik

How exactly is that "huge discounts"? Do you have some info?

14. MrDude

MrDude

And I keep missing it!!!! I'll go subscribe again!!!! :D

I just noticed that I actually subscribed in May but have never received a single email from you...
    I now signed up again with another email address. Maybe this time... :)

So, regarding that discounts and the molten lava kit... hint hint?

Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
  15. SolInvictus212

SolInvictus212

Awesome!
    I love your models, I've bought 5 or 6 of your packs over the last 2-3 years. I don't have any problem with your prices, you always include so many textures and animations and usually an LOD, I think it's more than worth it.

16. SolInvictus212

SolInvictus212

His last newsletter had a discount code for 50% off... unfortunately I'd just bought the models I needed lol.

17. MrDude

MrDude

Bloody hell, if I'd known about that I would have gotten the models I wanted also! :)

P.s. 3drt, just so you know, I went to your website (followed the link in your sig) and then in the top left corner of the page I found a link that says "newsletter". I clicked on it twice and both times it just took me to a clean white page with nothing on it except a field marked "email" and a submit button. I assumed this is the signup for the newsletter and completed the "form" and got my confirmation email and everything so I assume my signup was successful, but yeah, that link is clearly messed up.

Thought you'd like to know...

18. nukeD

nukeD

from a graphics designer standpoint i would say that the models are of professional quality and worth much more than the announced price.

19. MrDude

MrDude

We are not debating wether or not the models are worth the asking price, simply stating that it is priced outside the budget of a lot of people.

Some people sell for $15, some sell for $50, some sell for $80, some sell for $400... big difference between $15 and $400. Some people sell for $1,800 and are still considered cheap because their work is valued at $8,000 or more, others sell exclusive models for $350. The point is not "worth the price", the point is "affordable to most".

Hell, I would have bought half his store if I could afford to. So now the other question is:
    "How many more posts are we going to make to say the exact same thing?"

20. orrtcloud

orrtcloud

C'mon guys! $149 for 5 HQ characters is great value. If you can't afford them then you need to re-assess your game's scope.

21. Jaimi

Jaimi

$149 is a little high for me, but not unaffordable. It's well past "impulse buy", though. Once you start getting above $100, i have to have a definite need for it. For less expensive items, I will just buy them, and think "maybe I can work that in later..".