Search Unity

Looking For Contributor Fantasy dungeon crawler needs better combat and art

Discussion in 'Non Commercial Collaboration' started by Marscaleb, Feb 13, 2021.

1. Marscaleb

Marscaleb

I am a solo developer working in my spare time.
    My goal is to finish and publish a game while my father is still around. (He has Alzheimer's. The name I am using for my company is adapted from the family company he used to run, and I want to establish that company while he is more than a memory.)
    I was fine working by myself, but I'm no longer certain I can meet my deadline without some assistance.

The title I am working on is one I intend to sell, so I am willing to share profits or retroactively pay for services. (Please be upfront about what kind of compensation you are interested in.)

About the project:
    This is a relatively simple top-down shooter with a strong focus on exploration; akin to an overhead dungeon-crawler but heavily watered down.
    I am using “hand-painted” 3D assets for the world with 2D hand-drawn sprites in a fantasy setting.
    I am aiming for an overall simple and short game, basically the quickest project I can produce while still being pleased to attach a family name to it.

Looking for:
    I am primarily looking for someone to help with gameplay/combat and enemy AI; I'd like someone who can help me add some better depth to the combat mechanics and/or create more engaging enemy patterns. Should know enough programming to be able to implement changes to the system.

Also interested in someone who can produce hand-drawn 2D sprites and animation. Would need to have an art style compatible with my own.

Also willing to work with 3D artists, VFX artists, musicians/sound designers, UI artists, or even someone willing to help market the game.

PM me through the forum's conversation tool or email me at marscaleb@hotmail.com

Screenshot:
    (Player sprite is a quick placeholder)

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021