Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Fantasy Adventure Environment - A stylized asset pack (Built-in/URP)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by StaggartCreations, Aug 1, 2017.

1. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

Based on your screenshot, you're using a version of the package that's from well over a year ago, so I can only recommend to update first.

2. LordIceBreaker

LordIceBreaker

No... I have upgraded it to 1.5.3. I am in normal 3D without URP or HDRP.

3. LordIceBreaker

LordIceBreaker

Never mind. I fixed the issue. Thanks for your awesome asset!

4. joe-slone

joe-slone

Is there a way to prevent the tree billboard from interfering with generating a navigation mesh?
    upload_2021-2-23_10-29-28.png

5. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

It may depend if you use the built-in (per scene) navmesh system or the NavmeshComponents system from Unity's GitHub.

The tree prefabs have a Nav Mesh Obstacle component added to them, which should take president. But you can force the billboards to be excluded from baking by toggling the static flag on the object in the prefab: upload_2021-2-23_17-31-56.png

This is actually already the case on the prefabs, but in the demo scene this is overwritten, because it was built before the new prefab workflow came around.

You can do a search in the hierarchy for "_billboard" to uncheck the flag for all instances.

6. joe-slone

joe-slone

I tried using the NavMeshComponents system and it ignored the trees. The only way that I could come up with was to:

• Duplicate the Tree Prefabs
    • Delete the Billboards in the duplicates
    • Use the duplicates to Paint Trees on the terrain.
    • Generate the NavMesh (Not using components since I want a height mesh)
    • Replace the trees in the Terrain editor with the original prefabs (to get the nice billboards)
    • ???
    • Profit?
    It's not as labor intensive as it sounds, but would rather not have to do that. I couldn't get the navmeshcomponent system to even recognize the trees as having a NavMesh obstacle. (Am using 2019.4.5f1 LTS) Simply turning off the billboards in the prefab wouldn't work either.

7. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

That's quite the workaround! If you're painting trees through the terrain system I suppose that makes the difference, seeing as they're not actual GameObjects, so static flags and navmesh components don't come into play.

It seems NavmeshComponents don't support terrain trees, and many people have been crying for it. This post may be of interest, which outlines how to add support for it.

One thing to try, perhaps a long shot, is to disable the MeshRenderer component of the billboard in the prefab. I don't think this matters for rendering, and the terrain will render it anyway, but may affect navmeshes since it seems to go off visible meshes, rather than colliders.

8. joe-slone

joe-slone

Thanks, that did the trick.

9. alexjet1000

alexjet1000

Hello!

im having a headache over the pigment map.

Im using vegetation studio pro, and it generates correctly the map in the texture but render gives strange patches of wrong color.
    upload_2021-3-7_21-25-58.png
    Its the demo grass patch.

Do you come to know why this happens?

Thnks

10. alexjet1000

alexjet1000

Solving my own post.

I dug into the forum and as another user said be careful when using negative coordinates for the terrain, i went crazy over that issue!

It renders pigment map crazy in a very weird manner.

Just for the record!

11. alexjet1000

alexjet1000

I am having this exact same issue now and i cant get it to animate at all.
    When i change parameters the grass is bent and colors change but its not moving at all.
    I figured it has nothing to do with enviro, its more of a VSP thing when i attach the wind zone to it, the grass wont move again.

I read i have to remove the wind controller (?) but it did not work.

Did you get to solve this issue?

12. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

I recommend to delete the AwesomeTechnologies\VegetationStudioPro\Runtime\VegetationSystemPro\Wind\FAEWindController.cs file when using Enviro.

You can use a the WindController component included in the package, and tick the "Listen to Wind Zone" box, then assign the Wind Zone object Enviro has created. As a result, the strength of the wind animations will be influenced by Enviro's weather controls.

13. Brindelmold

Brindelmold

Hi Staggart! Broadly an excellent asset, but I'm having two issues: when moving close to the grass, I get them going black in waves. I think it's to do with LOD but I'm not certain.

Shader issue.gif

The second issue is to do with pigment map blending. Pigment map influence is at 1, height at 0.15, but the base colour doesn't appear to be changing to match the textures. I've attached the generator, and I can see the pigment map output, but it doesn't seem to be affecting the grass.
    Terrain layers have used in the inbuilt.

Capture.PNG

14. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

Version 1.5.5 is now available! Generally a housekeeping update, several things were on my backlog for a while, but would potentially affect the appearance of some assets. I've decided it's really time to rip off a few bandaids.

Updating in an existing project may turn messy, since files were moved/deleted, which can't be tracked by unity packages.

Minimum supported version is now Unity 2019.3.7f1

Added:
    - (URP) Support for LOD crossfading in Vegetation Studio Pro 1.4.5

Changed:
    - Reorganized folder structure to adhere to the traditional Model/Materials format
    - Scripts are now separated into a Runtime/Editor folder and contain an assembly definition
    - Improved normals for the majority of trees, resulting in better directional shading
    - Normal maps for tree billboards are now actually correct, so will match a tree's shading more closely
    - Roughness and Height maps for terrain layers are now packed into a new RGBA mask map
    - Stiffness for trees is now stored in the UV3 V-component. Branch and trunk shaders have been modified to use this instead of the Alpha vertex color channel.
    * This makes it more straightforward to add wind motion support to custom tree models, wind strength may need to be adjusted
    - Tree models are now stored in a single FBX file per asset
    - LOD meshes for rocks/cliffs are now in the same FBX file. LOD crossfading is now enabled for them (looks best in Forward rendering)

Fixed:
    - Some particle materials not always converting properly to URP

Removed:
    - Option to convert from URP to Built-in RP. Instead, his can be achieved by re-importing the package.

15. judah4

judah4

I just updated to the latest version and I'm trying to figure out why Vegetation Studio Pro billboards are missing tree trunks.
    Here's a screenshot TwokindsOnline20210812T22_18_54_839732107_00.png

I'm on Unity 2020.3.16, using URP and Vegetation Studio Pro. The trees are not modified but some reason the billboard textures are only of the tree tops. Any tips on why would help a lot!

16. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

Billboard rendering was reworked in the latest VSP version to support SRP's I believe. I check it out, and the replacement shader used to render the billboard is clipping the entire truck. The easiest workaround is to go to the trunk material, and right-click on the Inspector tab and select "Debug". Then you can set the _Cutoff value to 0, which will prevent alpha clipping. After which, they'll be picked up correctly in the render.

upload_2021-8-14_9-5-32.png

judah4 likes this.
  17. judah4

judah4

Thanks that did it!

18. SilverStorm

SilverStorm

I ended up eventually getting this work in URP because I didn't realize that URP already has it's own Post Processing built into it and while I had the Post Processing V3.1.1 installed I thought that by removing these settings that I would lose my current profile. I saved a backup of settings and uninstalled post processing V2 via the package manager and nothing changed my post effects were still there so I guess I was using the URP versions this whole time and mistook the PPV2 as a URP thing when it wasn't. Then I opened the URP volume package from SC Post effects and it all worked no errors about arguments.

I have an issue where I need the fog to be the same on all major floors of my level.
    Should I use a second volume that covers the second floors height only or is there a better way? Does that even work it just came up as an idea.

This image shows floor 1 working well with the fog while floor 2 it has no fog because it's above the global height fog height. If I increase the height of the fog it will rise above floor 1 as well making it too thick on floor 1 even if it's working well for floor 2. So how to get it working well on both floors showing the same amount of fog rising above the ground?

[]---5.jpg

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
  19. Wolfleader111

Wolfleader111

For some reason the water URP Shader is pink and I get the following errors
    upload_2021-9-24_11-58-38.png

20. SilverStorm

SilverStorm

This forum is likely abandoned as the author has not replied in months. Sometimes Unity has issues notiying users of forum responses. You should use their support email to contact them directly.

21. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

Multiple fog heights isn't possible I'm afraid, this would require a true volumetric fog rendering approach. I'm not really familiar with any volumetric fog assets that work with URP, so can't make a recommendation unfortunately.

I've been off grid in the wilderness for 2 weeks, I wish it were months :p

I've seen a similar error on occasion, where it technically shouldn't be possible for built-in shaders to thrown such an error. Closing Unity then deleting the project's Library/ShaderCache folder generally gives everything a correcting slap in the face.

22. MaximilianPs

MaximilianPs

Any advice for using FAE Water with GeNa Rivers? o_O

23. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

On spline meshes, the water won't appear to flow along the mesh, since it was designed for flat water bodies such as lakes. For rivers, much of the shader would need to be reworked to convert it into a river-type water shader.

MaximilianPs likes this.
  24. MaximilianPs

MaximilianPs

Ok I'll try to workaround it by hiding the "connection" between river and sea with meshes and particles effects :rolleyes:

25. Wambosa

Wambosa

26. Wambosa

Wambosa

So I rolled through a few of those editor scripts and fixed em one by one. The filters are now working!

Fortunately the fix was easy :)
    Code (CSharp):
    1. new UnityEngine.GUIContent("...your string...")

27. daochihao98

daochihao98

Does this asset blend well with synty's lowpoly asset?

28. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

I don't think it'll be a nice fit, since Synty assets use flat colors and gradients, as opposed to detailed textures and normal maps.

29. darthdeus

darthdeus

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but tried both 2020.3.23f1 and 2022.1.0b1 and the first demo scene looks like this (not using URP)

upload_2021-12-12_4-52-13.png

30. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

That does seem right. However, new projects always default to using the Gamma color space, whilst the content is authored for Linear space. The Post Processing package won't be installed either. Both combined result in this overexposed appearance in comparison:
    upload_2021-12-13_11-4-46.png

31. cybersoft

cybersoft

▪ Legacy version of the Stylized Water Shader (URP installation features a reimagined version)

Is the URP water version exactly the same as the Stylized Water 2? I ask because if I wanted the Underwater Rendering for the Stylized Water 2 (Extension), do I have to buy the Stylized Water 2?

32. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

In both render pipelines the water included in the FAE package is basically an early development version of the water shader asset. So it's not as extensive as you would expect from a dedicated water asset. I realize now the wording can be a bit confusing, so I'll see to modifying it!

The Underwater Rendering asset is in fact an extension for the Stylized Water 2 asset, so it's indeed dependent on it.

33. cybersoft

cybersoft

Actually, it was a bit misleading because:

Fantasy Adventure Environment
    Legacy version of the Stylized Water Shader (URP installation features a reimagined version)

Stylized Water 2
    Now re-imagined from the ground up for the Universal Render Pipeline.

Anyway, thanks for the quick reply.

34. alexjet1000

alexjet1000

Hi, the shaders in the package cant render correctly using cookies.
    The water is black, and id like to stay on Forward rendering. Could you fix this issue?

35. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

Which version of the asset are you using, and render pipeline?

36. eaque

eaque

Hi,
    Sorry for my noob question but can the pigment map generator work with microsplat on terrains? I can't get it to work..
    Could you give me few tips...?
    thanks in advance

37. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

Sure! You'd just have to make sure this checkbox is ticked:
    upload_2022-10-20_14-56-45.png

eaque likes this.
  38. eaque

eaque

Many thanks gonna try tonight

39. eaque

eaque

Still confused:
    upload_2022-10-22_11-34-44.png
    upload_2022-10-22_11-34-44.png

40. eaque

eaque

upload_2022-10-22_11-35-20.png

script attacheto the terrain but nothing seems to generate

41. eaque

eaque

Here in a big 36 terrains scene it generates:) but its blue !
    upload_2022-10-22_11-43-29.png

42. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

Hi, i am having an URP problem here i think.
    I am using Unity 2022.3.8f1 and your latest update for this package wich is 1.5.6.
    It look like your FAE Shaders for the trees are not compatible with the URP system and the clif´s are also just looking not right.
    I installed your _UniversalRenderPipeline Package but it do not change the shaders, just the materials.

upload_2023-11-10_19-54-59.png

43. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

Be sure to use the conversion functionality. This is automatically prompted when importing the package and URP is detected. It can otherwise be accessed through Help->Fantasy Adventure Environment

Manually unpacking the _UniversalRenderPipeline package will merely unpack certain files, but does not convert any of the materials.

RandAlThor likes this.
  44. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

Great, now it is working. Thank you.

StaggartCreations likes this.
  45. schwmm

schwmm

Hi, I have two issues with the water shader of this asset pack; hopefully someone can help me out:

1.: Refractions seem to affect objects above the water, when they are between camera and water surface. The character in the picture hovers 1 meter above the water surface.
    upload_2023-11-21_18-11-0.png

2.: I am trying to include a volumetric fog asset (Buto) but when I try to use the provided blending subgraph, it leaves behind a fully specular plane, reflecting the skybox, instead of fully occluding the water. This only applies when the shader is using a Lit base shader, if Unlit, it works as expected. (see images attached) I show the part where I included the Fog blending; I hope it doesn't show too much of your shader graph publicly.

Any easy way to fix this?

Attached Files:

46. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

The refraction artefacts are due to the basic nature of the water shader, it is not as advanced as a dedicated water shader.

For the Buto integration node, I do know that you'd want to pipe the result into the Emission output, with the input color remaining empty. Otherwise lighting is going to be applied over the fog color, which will typically make it come out darker than it should. This is why an Unlit graph appears to work properly ;)

47. schwmm

schwmm

Re fog integration: Thanks, the emission slot works better, but doesn't fully solve the issue. The shader still applies specularity, rim depth colour, etc ignoring any fog. Do you know how a fog solution could be fully integrated into your shader graph?

48. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

Ah right, other shading aspects such as reflections and specular reflections are also emissive in nature, so they'll peer through the fog.

What'd also need from the ButoFog node is a "fog density" output. You could then pipe that into the Ambient Occlusion output of the graph. Occlusion will effectively apply a shadow to the material, which in turn will also occlude specular reflections. The thicker the then fog is, the more these effects are gradually occluded, which would be correct in terms of lighting/shading.

49. schwmm

schwmm

Thanks for the tip. I don't think AO can be used to occlude specularity in URP, it's a HDRP shader graph setting only at the moment afaik. Either way - you pointed me in the right direction and I was able to put together a hacky solution that first turns the water very metallic and then fades the alpha out with increasing fog density. Cheers!

StaggartCreations likes this.