Search Unity

1. Are you interested in providing feedback directly to Unity teams? Sign up to become a member of Unity Pulse, our new product feedback and research community.
    Dismiss Notice

Fantasy Adventure Environment - A stylized asset pack (Built-in/URP)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by StaggartCreations, Aug 1, 2017.

1. TheWarper

TheWarper

Hi, I just purchased and tried URP import in Unity 2019.3.11f1 but the 'Help' window didn't pop up.
    So, I tried to import manually.

I located the URP shaders package 'Fant Forest URP\Assets\Fantasy Adventure Environment\Shaders\_UniversalRenderPipeline' and imported but that does not appear to help.

Are there any other manual steps I can apply to get this working?

Thanks!

2. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

If you've imported the package with any unresolved console errors, some scripts will fail to execute on import (including the popup), because they haven't been able to compile. In which case, you should look into clearing these errors first.

After which, a "Fantasy Adventure Environment" option will appear under the 'Help' menu. This'll open a window, which presents a URP conversion option. This can also be done manually, but is just a boat load lot of work and requires assigning the URP shader variant to all materials in the package.

skyrick likes this.
  3. TheWarper

TheWarper

Thanks! I resolved by clicking 'Help\Fantasy Adventure Environment' to get the pop-up

4. Rujash

Rujash

Took me a while to find this, when I looked in documentation troubleshooting it only said to do the 'opaque texture' not the depth texture.

By the way, is this missing script an issue for URP?

upload_2020-4-26_13-5-44.png

5. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

Thanks for the headsup, I've updated the troubleshooting section :)

6. Dr_Fragg

Dr_Fragg

Hi!
    Just purchased this asset, it looks awesome! I'm cutting trees down in my game though, and the problem I'm having is that when the tree falls, it changes colors too dramatically. I wasn't able to fix it by adjusting the shader properties...but I don't have much experience with shaders, so I wasn't sure quite where to start to fix it. Any pointers would be appreciated!

Here's what I'm looking at...if it rolls at all after falling, it also changes colors while rolling.
    tree1.png tree2.png

Thanks!

7. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

This post (or rather the one after it) should provide an answer. If it doesn't, let me know ;)

8. Dr_Fragg

Dr_Fragg

Oof, missed that on my search, sorry.
    Thanks, that worked perfectly!!

StaggartCreations likes this.
  9. yasaricli

yasaricli

greetings,

A really nice package.

I am having the following warning problem.

Unity Version: 2019.3.13f1

Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 11.42.58.png

Thanks.

Last edited: May 19, 2020
  10. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

This can safely be ignored :) The demo scene is set up for the widest use case possible, so it also has a post processing volume for the Post Processing Stack v2. If it's not installed, a warning will be thrown. But you can safely delete the offending objects.

yasaricli likes this.
  11. yasaricli

yasaricli

Thanks for the answer.

Where are the sounds?

I can't hear sound when I start.

Thnks.

12. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

Ambient audio is not included in the package, I was able to add some to the demo video since this is not being sold, I don't have the rights otherwise. I got them off Freesound, according to my download history, these are some of the tracks used:

https://freesound.org/people/GowlerMusic/sounds/262305/
    https://freesound.org/people/Leandros.Ntounis/sounds/163607/
    https://freesound.org/people/juskiddink/sounds/78955/

yasaricli likes this.
  13. yasaricli

yasaricli

14. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

Submitted version 1.5.2 with a few minor changes:

Added:
    - Pigment Map Generator now has a resolution parameter, and option to assign all active terrains

Fixed:
    - (URP) Foliage shader light transmission effect is now influenced by directional light intensity
    - (URP) Particle effect materials now convert completely when installing URP shaders (materials must still be selected once, before changes apply)

15. NamelessGames_

NamelessGames_

This is my situation after "Help > Fantasy Adventure Environment > URP".
    Can I Get Help?
    Here the error:
    ArgumentException: Calling apply or revert methods on an object which is not part of a Prefab instance is not supported.
    Parameter name: prefabInstanceObject
    UnityEditor.PrefabUtility.ThrowExceptionIfNotValidPrefabInstanceObject (UnityEngine.Object prefabInstanceObject, System.Boolean isApply) (at <90d4bcb003fb405fb09241aed2f178aa>:0)
    UnityEditor.PrefabUtility.RevertPropertyOverride (UnityEditor.SerializedProperty instanceProperty, UnityEditor.InteractionMode action) (at <90d4bcb003fb405fb09241aed2f178aa>:0)
    UnityEditor.MaterialEditor.TryRevertDragChanges () (at <90d4bcb003fb405fb09241aed2f178aa>:0)
    UnityEditor.MaterialEditor.ClearDragMaterialRendering () (at <90d4bcb003fb405fb09241aed2f178aa>:0)
    UnityEditor.MaterialEditor.HandleRenderer (UnityEngine.Renderer r, System.Int32 materialIndex, UnityEngine.Event evt) (at <90d4bcb003fb405fb09241aed2f178aa>:0)
    UnityEditor.MaterialEditor.OnSceneDrag (UnityEditor.SceneView sceneView) (at <90d4bcb003fb405fb09241aed2f178aa>:0)
    UnityEditor.SceneView.CallEditorDragFunctions () (at <90d4bcb003fb405fb09241aed2f178aa>:0)
    UnityEditor.SceneView.HandleDragging () (at <90d4bcb003fb405fb09241aed2f178aa>:0)
    UnityEditor.SceneView.OnGUI () (at <90d4bcb003fb405fb09241aed2f178aa>:0)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at <437ba245d8404784b9fbab9b439ac908>:0)
    Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at <437ba245d8404784b9fbab9b439ac908>:0)
    System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at <437ba245d8404784b9fbab9b439ac908>:0)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName, System.Object obj) (at <90d4bcb003fb405fb09241aed2f178aa>:0)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName) (at <90d4bcb003fb405fb09241aed2f178aa>:0)
    UnityEditor.HostView.InvokeOnGUI (UnityEngine.Rect onGUIPosition, UnityEngine.Rect viewRect) (at <90d4bcb003fb405fb09241aed2f178aa>:0)
    UnityEditor.DockArea.DrawView (UnityEngine.Rect viewRect, UnityEngine.Rect dockAreaRect) (at <90d4bcb003fb405fb09241aed2f178aa>:0)
    UnityEditor.DockArea.OldOnGUI () (at <90d4bcb003fb405fb09241aed2f178aa>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.DoOnGUI (UnityEngine.Event evt, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 parentTransform, UnityEngine.Rect clippingRect, System.Boolean isComputingLayout, UnityEngine.Rect layoutSize, System.Action onGUIHandler, System.Boolean canAffectFocus) (at <7be1a95b44f5474c9c1a5c5fd9c86b28>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.HandleIMGUIEvent (UnityEngine.Event e, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 worldTransform, UnityEngine.Rect clippingRect, System.Action onGUIHandler, System.Boolean canAffectFocus) (at <7be1a95b44f5474c9c1a5c5fd9c86b28>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.HandleIMGUIEvent (UnityEngine.Event e, System.Action onGUIHandler, System.Boolean canAffectFocus) (at <7be1a95b44f5474c9c1a5c5fd9c86b28>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.HandleIMGUIEvent (UnityEngine.Event e, System.Boolean canAffectFocus) (at <7be1a95b44f5474c9c1a5c5fd9c86b28>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.SendEventToIMGUI (UnityEngine.UIElements.EventBase evt, System.Boolean canAffectFocus) (at <7be1a95b44f5474c9c1a5c5fd9c86b28>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.HandleEvent (UnityEngine.UIElements.EventBase evt) (at <7be1a95b44f5474c9c1a5c5fd9c86b28>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.EventDispatchUtilities.PropagateEvent (UnityEngine.UIElements.EventBase evt) (at <7be1a95b44f5474c9c1a5c5fd9c86b28>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.MouseEventDispatchingStrategy.DispatchEvent (UnityEngine.UIElements.EventBase evt, UnityEngine.UIElements.IPanel panel) (at <7be1a95b44f5474c9c1a5c5fd9c86b28>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.EventDispatcher.ApplyDispatchingStrategies (UnityEngine.UIElements.EventBase evt, UnityEngine.UIElements.IPanel panel, System.Boolean imguiEventIsInitiallyUsed) (at <7be1a95b44f5474c9c1a5c5fd9c86b28>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.EventDispatcher.ProcessEvent (UnityEngine.UIElements.EventBase evt, UnityEngine.UIElements.IPanel panel) (at <7be1a95b44f5474c9c1a5c5fd9c86b28>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.EventDispatcher.Dispatch (UnityEngine.UIElements.EventBase evt, UnityEngine.UIElements.IPanel panel, UnityEngine.UIElements.DispatchMode dispatchMode) (at <7be1a95b44f5474c9c1a5c5fd9c86b28>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.BaseVisualElementPanel.SendEvent (UnityEngine.UIElements.EventBase e, UnityEngine.UIElements.DispatchMode dispatchMode) (at <7be1a95b44f5474c9c1a5c5fd9c86b28>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.UIElementsUtility.DoDispatch (UnityEngine.UIElements.BaseVisualElementPanel panel) (at <7be1a95b44f5474c9c1a5c5fd9c86b28>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.UIElementsUtility.ProcessEvent (System.Int32 instanceID, System.IntPtr nativeEventPtr) (at <7be1a95b44f5474c9c1a5c5fd9c86b28>:0)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility.ProcessEvent (System.Int32 instanceID, System.IntPtr nativeEventPtr) (at <35bab3c7b0dc4999845bcfccc7758d96>:0)

upload_2020-6-17_12-54-21.png

16. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

That's a long list :p Though it doesn't reference any of the scripts in the package but seems related to dragging a material to an object in the scene (specifically a prefab). Is this when running the URP conversion? Because I don't see the relation between the two. If so, would you mind mentioning which Unity version you are using?

NamelessGames_ likes this.
  17. NamelessGames_

NamelessGames_

Of course, my Unity version is: 2019.3.11f1
    Before Universal RP:
    upload_2020-6-17_21-31-52.png

After Universal RP:
    upload_2020-6-17_21-32-45.png
    Thanks for your time!

18. NamelessGames_

NamelessGames_

Solved. I should import URP before than click "URP" in Help > FAE.
    Thank you!!

19. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

Ah, that makes sense! I'll make a note to disable the button and add a message if the URP isn't in use ;)

NamelessGames_ likes this.
  20. tork12

tork12

Hello, great pack. I checked all documentation, troubleshooting, etc. Using Unity 2019.4 URP, for some reason theBigWater and river can be seen in Scene mode, but in game mode they disappear. Also, rolling fog looks like a big block of color, vs.. fog-ish. Any ideas?

21. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

In your pipeline asset (the one assigned in the Graphics options), be sure to enable the “Depth texture” and “Opaque texture” options, these are required for the water to render properly.

For the fog particle material you can check if the blending mode is in fact set to "Additive"

22. tork12

tork12

Thanks, I had Opaque checked as suggested by the Trouble-shooting guide, but not Depth Texture. Checking that as well did indeed fix the water issue. For fog, I'm having trouble finding the setting. Somewhere in this location?

Attached Files:

• fog.PNG
      fog.PNG
      File size:
      1.6 MB
      Views:
  23. ansjuan

ansjuan

Hello, I would like to know if there is any work around to make the foliage bending feature work on more than one gameobject at the same time, is it possible somehow?

24. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

Ah, I figured you meant the "RollingFog" particle effect prefab. The fog sheets are one solid color, unless the alpha texture is supplied (similar to particle materials). But it's not animated in any way since it serves more of a purpose to highlight an opening to an area in the distance.

Due to the technique used, the foliage bending is limited to one position at a time. There's some more work involved to have it work with multiple positions, but I'm not looking to extend the bending functionality for this package.

25. JoshWB

JoshWB

Great asset! Thank you for your hard work on this stuff.

Question - I would like to edit some of the tree trunk meshes for a specific look that I'm trying to achieve... Basically I just want to scale them down in Blender. I know I can do this in Unity, but how do you recommend I go about this in Blender?

I've tried converting the source .asset files into .FBX and importing, but Blender didn't like that much.

26. ansjuan

ansjuan

Many thanks, I'd be willing to purchase it even if it is another asset, I got a backup solution with other assets, but I'd prefer this one

27. Joakim

Joakim

I am trying to use Grass prefab (Prefabs -> Vegetation -> Grass) as a Detail mesh in "Paint details" tab (that is Unity terrain tab). But when I paint grass nothing happens, what am I doing wrong? Other vegetation prefabs do work this way as I expected.

28. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

Unity's terrain detail system does not support prefabs with LODs and custom shaders, on account of it stemming from the very early Unity days. To get around this, you can add a vegetation prefab as a tree object instead, which does support this.

29. ansjuan

ansjuan

Hello,

I have a question, I want to edit the terrain textures myself, with some filters and so on. The point is, I cannot open the .PNG texture basecolor files properly, they look this way in unity:

Capture.PNG Capture2.PNG Capture.PNG Capture2.PNG

While on any image software they have some alpha blended on top.

How should I modify these textures? Is there any way?

30. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

For many of the textures in the package, the roughness information is stored in the alpha channel. Which is what the Standard and default terrain shaders expect. Where black is fully rough, and white is fully glossy. Since none of the materials are glossy in nature, the alpha channel is close to black. When importing a texture into Photoshop, it is interpreted as almost entirely transparent because of this.

You can use the SuperPNG plugin for Photoshop, https://www.fnordware.com/superpng/ which has additional import options for the alpha channel. Plus, it allows you to save it as a PNG again, photoshop would need it to be a TGA file otherwise to keep the alpha channel.

ansjuan likes this.
  31. ansjuan

ansjuan

Many thanks! I solved it in photoshop indeed

32. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

Submitted version 1.5.2. Changelog:

Added:
    - Options to convert to Built/Universal Render Pipeline under Edit/Render Pipeline menu
    - Color (HDR) field to tree branch shader. Transmission color is now also HDR-enabled.

Fixed:
    - Errors in built-in water shader when reflection probe box projection wasn't enabled

33. BL1TZ

BL1TZ

Hi! im trying to upgrade the materials / shaders to URP through help > Fantasy Adventure Environment > pop-up > Universal RP button, however it seems to be stuck at the following:

upload_2020-7-14_21-4-22.png

any advice?

[EDIT]
    There was a console error I missed when trying to import. However, I reimported the package and tried to convert again, all working now! :)

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
  34. Ramulos

Ramulos

Hello, There is a sheen/shimmer on the grass and ground in unity. For the ground i changed the shader rendering from standard to Lambert and that removed the sheen. I went to the grass shader to raise the smoothness to one which removes the sheen from the grass but keeps a white sun spot when moving around. How can I remove the specular or the sheen on the grass? can it also be changed to Lambert or disable the smoothness altogether? Im not too knowledgeable with shaders so not sure how realistic my request seems.

35. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

This is correct, Unity's PBR shading model adds a fresnel effect to everything. This means the skybox is faintly reflected in both trees and grass. Converting the shaders to use Lambert shading gets rid of this. I've outlined the required changes in this post. If that doesn't work out for you, please let me know. If you own Amplify Shader Editor you can open up the shader and set the "Light Model" to "Lambert" in the panel on the left. In Shader Graph this unfortunately isn't possible, since there is no Master Node for a "Simple Lit" shader, which is essentially Lambert shading.

An alternative is to go to Lighting Settings and set the Environment Reflections source to "Custom" and leave the cubemap field empty. This removes the skybox reflection altogether.

For the specular sun reflection to be removed, the smoothness value should be 0. With a value of 1, the materials takes on mirror-like properties and the sun specular reflection will end up being a very tiny, but very bright dot.

36. alerbuffon22

alerbuffon22

Hi cool asset, on the first page you showed a tool for creating billboards, I did not find it in the project, will it be implemented in future versions, or look for other options for creating billboards?

37. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

The billboard renderer is something I made to help create the tree billboard textures, but was more something for development, not a functioning public tool. If you're looking to create proper billboards, I'd recommend to check out Amplify Impostors.

38. alexjet1000

alexjet1000

Hi!

I finally convinced myself to purchase the pack but im having a headache on the grass top down view while playing the demo.

Is it fixed in FAE or there is a workaround about it or do i have to also purchase the stylized grass to get it properly done?
    im planning on using vegetation studio but i dont know if there is a way to get a more realistic feel to the grass when view is on top.

thank you!!

39. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

Ah, yes the grass meshes weren't specifically designed for top-down viewing. You can however edit the mesh so that the planes are slightly skewed, rather than being vertically straight. That' should at least be an improvement. With VS it's likely you'll be able to render more and denser grass, which could also mitigate this.

The stylized grass shader package is a dedicated grass shader, so is more extensive and does this automatically, based on camera angle.

40. alexjet1000

alexjet1000

I got it the right way after some tweaks thank you!

I have two more questions did you model river-waterfal by hand?

Also how do i deactivate this? it may be a knob issue but i just deactivated all objects in the scene in order to have a full view of the demo enviroment to mess around but i cant if i dont zoom close enough to the enviroment, i cant see the scene this far.

Thank you! It really looks awesome and is really easy to use!

upload_2020-8-21_16-10-24.png

upload_2020-8-21_16-9-59.png

41. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

Great!

The river mesh was created using a spline tool and then exported to FBX, since I couldn't include the tool itself. This was Spline Bend, which isn't around anymore. But I believe River Auto Material is a river/creek oriented spline tool. But any spline mesh tool will work, as long as you feed it a plane mesh.

You can temporarily disable the fog in the scene view toolbar. The icon right of the speaker icon has a little "v", which shows toggles for fog, post processing, etc. Or you can just click the icon itself, and it disables everything.

42. unity_yGgSAcwHd2YP_Q

unity_yGgSAcwHd2YP_Q

Hi!

I got it on last sale and its going great so far with Vegetation Studio Pro and Gaia Pro.

Im trying to apply masks to biomes and i it asks for RGBA32 or ARGB32 Uncompressed texture and wont let me use the ones in the package.
    How should i convert it? Did you use that feature personally?

Last edited: Aug 23, 2020
  43. alexjet1000

alexjet1000

Hello again, thanks for the extremely quick answer.
    I will make sure to leave an awesome review on the asset mate.

been tweaking around and kind of got the asset into my game but its giving me this lightning flicker issues.

ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif

Ive read a bit on here but none of the use cases are the same as mine.

i only imported a terrain i modeled and my ultimate character controller into demo_01, but still flicker a lot.
    hope you can clear my mind a bit to what is causing it.

thank you so much!

44. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

Thank you, a review is always appreciated!

I can't say what would cause the flickering, this could be a number of things. Could be related to the size of the world, or how far away the camera is from (0,0,0). Usually after moving a few kilometers away from the world origin, these sort of precision issues start to emerge in Unity.

45. banksazero

banksazero

Hi

I try to create a terrain with the pigment but I can't found the generate button did I missing something? upload_2020-8-29_13-29-54.png

I found scripts from global post-processing and screenshotcam are missing.

46. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

There's an error message in the inspector you should read ;)

The missing scripts are from the Post-Processing package, the demo scenes have this set up. If it's not installed these warnings will be thrown, but it's nothing to worry about.

47. kameha808

kameha808

Hey guys i'm new to this & literally just bought the FAE pack which is so amazing to see however I was wondering if someone could answer me these questions.

How do I export a 3rd person rigged character in the FAE pack when I create a world?

Is the FAE pack compatible to support other objects or separate packages created by someone different?

How do I activate the sound in the FAE package?

48. kameha808

kameha808

Also I want to build my world more in the demo so I'm curious on to how to add more land.

49. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

I should clarify that the FAE package is an asset pack, so not something in the sense of a restricted framework or template, more like a LEGO kit. This means you can mix and match the contents with any other assets that are visually similar. So exporting a rigged character is something related to Unity in general (I personally have no experience with this).

I posted more info on the sounds here: https://forum.unity.com/threads/fan...pack-built-in-urp.486102/page-10#post-5869486

For the terrain, you could extend it by creating another tile, as outlined here: https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/terrain-CreateNeighborTerrains.html

50. kameha808

kameha808

Also if it's not to much to ask could you take a look at this picture it is a screenshot of the issues i'm having with the environment. https://ibb.co/YLWZgxs

unityunity