Search Unity

False advertising in the Asset Store

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by SamohtVII, Sep 18, 2018.

1. SamohtVII

SamohtVII

Is there anything stopping someone from creating higher quality screenshots and videos of there assets then they actually show in game? I feel my recent purchase wasn't up to the quality of the screenshots or videos and would like a chance for a refund but they have told me they do not do refunds, for obvious reasons.

What is stopping someone then from creating very high quality screenshots and selling nothing?

2. kdgalla

kdgalla

There are lot of reasons why your project may not look the same as the product screenshots, like your lighting set-up or post-processing.

Customarily, these Asset Store sellers will want to stage their asset in the best possible light, but the asset vendors that I see on the forums are usually happy to give advice to customers on how to achieve the same look if someone asks.

Worse case scenario, you can ask on the graphics forums here on how to achieve the look that you want.

That is, unless you're saying that the models and textures in the package are different than the ones in the screenshots, but I think that is unlikely.

TeagansDad and Ryiah like this.