Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Falloff offset has been removed from Freeform lights, effect not possible anymore

Discussion in '2021.2 Beta' started by AlexVillalba, Mar 26, 2021.

1. AlexVillalba

AlexVillalba

Since Freeform lights have changed and the Falloff Offset property has disappeared, I don't know how to achieve this effect to replace my lights (falloff intensity low at the bottom of the light, high at the top of the light):

I cannot use point lights with inner/outer angles because it is not a light bulb, it is like a fluorescent tube with rectangular shape.

Would it be possible to put the property there again? Can anybody give a short explanation about why it was removed? I don't see alternative ways to achieve the same.

I already warned about this before the decision was made: https://forum.unity.com/threads/2d-lights-streamline-tell-us-your-thoughts.975747/#post-6664804

I know I'm not the center of the world and Unity is not meant to satisfy my individual needs, but... I consider this a very small change (is it expensive to revert it?) that has big consequences, and I'm not alone on this as far as I have read in the forum.

Thank you in advance

NotaNaN likes this.
  2. AlexVillalba

AlexVillalba

3. tomosbach

tomosbach

I second this! Was a very useful feature...

4. Nyir

Nyir

Can you tell me how to add it back?

5. AlexVillalba

AlexVillalba

Hi Nyir, I shared the code in the second message. You need to download the URP code repository and apply those changes there.

6. Nyir

Nyir

where can I download it from? and where do I apply the changes in the script?

7. AlexVillalba

AlexVillalba

You need to make a fork of the URP repository in Github (https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/Graphics). Then you download it wherever in your PC as with any other working copy and import it in your Unity project as a package. Then you can go to every file that appears in the commit I shared above and apply the changes to them.

8. ramin892

ramin892

Hello, I don't know how to return this deleted feature, please make a tutorial video and upload it or send it to me in this Gmail. shahbazir243@gmail.com

9. AlexVillalba

AlexVillalba

How much are you paying to me?

10. ramin892

ramin892

Hi son I live in a third world country because of US sanctions I can't even legally use Unity or have a bank account. Everything is filtered in my country and I have to use an anti-filter, so even now I don't know how to answer your question. I have to deal with this problem somehow