Search Unity

Falling through the terrain

Discussion in 'VR' started by KenniKure, Aug 12, 2019.

1. KenniKure

KenniKure

Hi forum

I have a terrain that my player keeps falling through when I hit play. In the vr goggles I can see the terrain above me when im falling down. I have set up this terrain in the exact same way as another project I am on, and I dont fall throug that one???

upload_2019-8-12_10-35-45.png
    I have set all sorts on colliders on the landscape but I still fall through.

upload_2019-8-12_10-36-28.png
    On the playercontroller I also have added colliders but I am falling through???

2. Hexagonon

Hexagonon

Hard to say from here... some ideas to track the problem:

• check if your Terrain really needs a Rigidbody (unusual)
    • Depending on your VR-Kit, the terrain might need extra definitions to interact with the player
    • Try to lift your player and add a simple cube underneath it to check if the problem is the terrain or the player

3. appymedia

appymedia

I'm not sure if its at all related but when setting up the Oculus Integration and using the locomotion example I kept falling through the floor after teleporting. I fixed it by setting the Unity time step to 1 / my HMD's refresh rate. So for me using a Rift S it was 1/80 = 0.0125

4. KenniKure

KenniKure

For some reason it just started working yesterday :) No idea as to why, but I can now walk around without falling off. Thanks for the replies :)

5. V-J

V-J

@KenniKure Setting the right time step is always a good thing, for the quest it is 1/90, but there is also some wacky oculus code in the LocomotionTeleport script that causes the fall. You have to comment out line 787.