Search Unity

Falling note blocks from midi file AR piano

Discussion in 'AR' started by bflynn411, May 16, 2020.

1. bflynn411

bflynn411

Hello,

I’ve been toying around with the idea to make this piano song learning game with vuforia (similar to this piano program Synthesia, not an AR game but has falling notes onto a virtual piano to teach songs).

What I need help with is I don’t know how to take a midi file and convert that into the stream of notes falling down onto my actual piano. The falling notes look basically like blocks, each block corresponding to a note on the piano, shorter block if it’s a short note and vice versa.

I’ve seen similar projects but never knew how it was implemented. I’ve successfully used vuforia to track my piano keyboard via image tracking and model targets, just need to figure out how to turn a midi file into blocks of notes in time with the song.

If someone could help me out I’d really appreciate it, I don’t know much about coding but have been trying to figure things out myself, which has been great up to this point. Sorry if I’m not specific enough, I explained the best I could. Thanks so much.