Search Unity

1. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Fails to open project - no message. Licensing...

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by andyz, Oct 4, 2023.

1. andyz

andyz

I open a project from the latest hub and the project starts to open then disappears. hub re-appears and no messages about any issue?! Why?
    Hub log says nothing very interesting - ends with "[ 'child process exited with code 0' ]"

So Unity Editor log - shows
    [LicensingClient] ERROR Response could not be deserialized while resolving entitlements
    Exiting without the bug reporter. Application will terminate with return code 0

Please make the hub show errors like this, and/or please make the editor show errors
    meanwhile I do not know what the problem is

2. andyz

andyz

Is the license server down? Get this message trying to refresh license:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. [ [ 'A problem occurred while updating licenses',
    2. UpdateLicenseResponse { messageType: 'UpdateLicenseResponse', responseCode: 1500, responseStatus: 'Unable to update ulf license: Internal Client Error: The delegate executed asynchronously through TimeoutPolicy did not complete within the timeout.', id: '97' } ] ]"}

3. andyz

andyz

A computer restart somehow fixed this - but ultimately why does such an error not get reported in hub and editor?!
    Why do we need to look a a log to find out why a project failed to open and the hub re-opened?

4. felipec_unity

felipec_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi andyz,

What Unity Hub version are you using?

Could you look for errors in the licensing client log file and share them if you do? They'd have to match the time stamp of when you were having issues.

I'd like to see if there's anything that could be improved if the situation you were in happens again.

Thank you!