Search Unity

Failed validation - Setting is displayed when tab empty screen

Discussion in 'Tizen' started by Moonjump, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Moonjump

Moonjump

My game has just failed validation for the store. I do not understand what they are talking about, and searches have not come up with an answer. What is "Tab empty screen"? Can anyone help?

2. FreebordMAD

FreebordMAD

I had this too. The problem is that on Z3 the touchscreen is detecting taps between two fingers sliding over the screen...
    They have rejected my game because the exit button would get clicked if the user taps left and right of it simultaneously. In my point of view this is a testing mistake, but in contrast to iOS where you can explain that this is not a problem you have no other solution as to fix this in Tizen.
    I have simply disabled the exit menu, if you click the hardware back button the game exits instantly. Once it is validated I will revert this change and hope to get a better tester.
    You could also check if there is more than one touch before executing a button action...

Moonjump likes this.
  3. Moonjump

Moonjump

Thank you FreebordMAD. Mine might be more like your issue if they meant "tap" instead of "tab". The report would also make more sense if that was the case. They do say tab 12 times though...

So I have changed 2 behaviours that my report might refer to.

1. They might mean Setting is displayed if tabbing away from the game and coming back (assuming that tab is their terminology for app switching). I have the app set to return to a Pause menu if focus is lost. I don't think it is good to return while gameplay is in progress. That Pause menu includes all the setting options. I have changed it so it is now a countdown to gameplay restarting when returning to the app. Not as good, but by this stage I just want to get through validation.

2. They might refer to tapping (if they meant "tap" instead of "tab") the screen and getting the Pause menu (again, including settings). The instructions say tap the score to pause, but I set it to the top quarter of the screen as it was less to check, and the player doesn't normally go near the top half of the screen, so not an issue. I have changed pause to the immediate around around the score.

Good luck with your validation FreebordMAD.

EDIT: ShootStormSurvival passed submission following the changes I made above and is now on sale on the Tizen Store.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
    MobizITS and FreebordMAD like this.
  4. MobizITS

MobizITS

@moonjump which unity version you can pass submission ?

5. Moonjump

Moonjump

I was using 5.4. I am not sure which exact version as I have moved back to Unity 4. It was just the standard download of 5.4 at that time.