Search Unity

Failed to start Unity PackageManager

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by CoolMan1999, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Ishidres

Ishidres

I tried that already. I have neither a proxy, a firewall nor an antivirus software set up, my Unity installation path also doesn't contain an
    #
    or a
    '
    and manually starting the UPM didn't change anything either.

What should I do now?

2. supita_unity

supita_unity

Unity Technologies

What Unity version are you using?

If you manually launch UnityPackageManager application (following the instructions in Blocked Ports & Timeout Suggestions section), does the application runs without errors? If there are errors present, please share with us the errors you are seeing in the terminal and the upm.log file. If you are able to run UPM from the terminal without errors, can you get any response in the browser while checking http://localhost:10010/health (or replacing the 10010 by the used port, you can confirm the port used in upm.log)?

If UnityPackageManager is running without problems but you don't manage to see a response in the browser, then something is preventing the communication between Unity Editor and the Unity Package Manager server, it can be an antivirus, a firewall, you need to troubleshoot your setup.

Include upm.log so we have a better idea if the server is receiving any requests.

Ishidres likes this.
  3. jasiu

jasiu

Guys, i have the same problem with Unity 2020.1.16 and 17. Last working version was 15. It must be something different in the newer versions, because i'm using Unity on two computers from the begining of 2020.1.0 and never had an issue with it. Then came 2020.1.16 and on both machines (different ISP, different PC specs) i have the same error:

UPM health check (FAIL)
    Start the UPM process and call its health endpoint
    >> Server exited unexpectedly. Exit code: 216

If i roll back to 2020.1.15 everything works great again...

4. supita_unity

supita_unity

Unity Technologies

Hey, I'm really sorry you are having this issue. What Operative System are you using, Windows 7? This issue was brought to our attention today and yes, it is a change in the package Manager introduced in 2020.1.16.

Can you set the value environment variable NODE_SKIP_PLATFORM_CHECK to 1. There are instruction on how to set up environment variables in this forum post. Can you open your project and work on it after this change?

We are working on a solution for this issue,

Supi

5. jasiu

jasiu

Yes, exactly Windows 7. And yes, after introducing new variable (NODE_SKIP_PLATFORM_CHECK to 1) it is working fine, thank You! :)

supita_unity likes this.
  6. supita_unity

supita_unity

Unity Technologies

Amazing news. We are working on a solution for this issue at the moment. Sorry for the inconvenience.

7. Ishidres

Ishidres

Thanks for your reply. I'm sorry for my late response. I could fix the issue but it seems like the crash was related to this issue and had nothing to do with UPM. UPM launches fine and also responds correctly in the browser. This is the upm.log file:

Code (CSharp):
    1. [2020-12-15T18:09:06.762Z][INFO] Creating server instance
    2. [2020-12-15T18:09:06.789Z][INFO] Starting Server
    3. [2020-12-15T18:09:06.793Z][INFO] Server started on port [37113]
    4. [2020-12-15T18:09:06.961Z][INFO] Health Request received
    5. [2020-12-15T18:09:07.119Z][INFO] Resolving dependencies using SAT solver
    6. [2020-12-15T18:09:21.774Z][ERROR] [Unity Package Manager (Upm)] Parent process [20551] was terminated

supita_unity likes this.
  8. DethKwok

DethKwok

My game uses a script to generate save files using files stream. I made some changes to a class that the file reader cannot understand when compared to the save file. Since it ran on awake, it always caused unity to crash until I commented it out.

9. gmassta

gmassta

I off all may Ethernet adapters, and one project (version 2018.4.30f1) run with this error. After i returning adapters setting, project start running without error.

10. caganatalol

caganatalol

i have the same problem when i run unity its giving me the same problem and i didn understand any of this too(im using unity 2020.2.6f1 64 bit)
    resim_2021-02-27_225545.png resim_2021-02-27_225600.png

11. supita_unity

supita_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @caganatalol, I'm sorry to see you are having this problem, but unfortunately this issue could be the result of different problem as you can see the discussion in this thread over some time.

You can find some information on how to troubleshoot it in the sticky post.

If you manually launch UnityPackageManager application (following the instructions in Blocked Ports & Timeout Suggestions section), does the application runs without errors? If there are errors present, please share with us the errors you are seeing in the terminal and the upm.log file. If you are able to run UPM from the terminal without errors, can you get any response in the browser while checking http://localhost:10010/health (or replacing the 10010 by the used port, you can confirm the port used in upm.log)?

If UnityPackageManager is running without problems but you don't manage to see a response in the browser, then something is preventing the communication between Unity Editor and the Unity Package Manager server, it can be an antivirus, a firewall, you need to troubleshoot your setup.

Include upm.log so we have a better idea if the server is receiving any requests.

12. rdhiraj802026

rdhiraj802026

When upgrading a project from 5.4 to 2017.4.20f1... I started facing similar issue. Tried many approach. Still resulted the same.. Then checked with 2017.4.22f2. Same issue...:(:(:(

Error I was facing:

Process terminated abnormally
    rdhiraj_ck_2017 rdhiraj$ [Unity Package Manager (Upm)]
    Parent process [9961] was terminated

or

[Package Manager] Server::Kill -- Server was shutdown
    Cleanup mono

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm using mac and i was running unity from command line with param -nographics.
    I tried all the approach like adding NO_PROXY, signout and restart unity hub.. nothing helped..

For people who are running with similar setup.. Try removing the "-nographics". It might work.
    It worked for ME:):):)
    Hope it might help someone.

supita_unity likes this.
  13. majedmadev

majedmadev

If you are still facing this issue, it is caused because Windows Firewall is blocking the unity servers from connecting to the client (Unity) so open up windows firewall settings and click on advanced on the left side menu, then The Unity Editor with version under inbound rules should have an icon that is red(blocking connections) so right clicking on the Unity version and click properties, then select the "Allow the connection" box and click apply and that should work!

14. Minos321

Minos321

I've just wasted several hours on this error, tried everything from uninstalling to redoing the firewall rules, and turns out it was my damn VPN! (Surf Shark). Turned it off and it works like a charm now :confused: