Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Failed to start the Unity Package Manager local server process (MacOS) (2019.3.13f1)

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by hyperhuzaifa, May 18, 2020.

1. hyperhuzaifa

hyperhuzaifa

Hi,
    I just installed Unity 2019.3.13f1 via hub. I used to have 2019.3.5f1 which used to work.
    I recently updated to OSX Catalina - not sure if that could be a factor as I had deleted Unity to help clear space for Catalina upgrade and Unity has been giving me this error ever since.

Unity Package Manager Diagnostics
    Version 0.1.5

Starting diagnostics. Please do not close this window. This may take a few minutes...

✔ Making an HTTP request to the UPM package registry...
    ⚠ Measuring the latency of the UPM package registry API...
    ⚠ Measuring the latency of the UPM package download endpoint...
    ✔ Testing the Internet connection using the UPM package registry...
    ✔ Testing the Internet connection using Speedtest.net...
    ✔ Detecting whether proxy-related environment variables are set...
    ✖ Running the UPM health check...

Attaching logs.
    Please help.

Attached Files:

2. supita_unity

supita_unity

Unity Technologies

Code (CSharp):
    1. ❓ UPM health check (UNKNOWN)
    2. Start the UPM process and call its health endpoint
    3. >> Could not find UPM executable at path '/Applications/Unity/Hub/Editor/2019.3.13f1/Unity.app/Contents/Resources/PackageManager/Server/UnityPackageManager'
    It seems that the Package Manager executable is missing. Please try to reinstall Unity from the hub, and don't quit the hub while the installation is happening.

I'm curious on how did you run into this situation, if you could provide more information, I would appreciate it.

Did you happen to quit the hub while the editor was installing? (Not while downloading, while installing). Or is it possible that you have an antivirus that quarantined and moved the file from its original location?

3. hyperhuzaifa

hyperhuzaifa

I am not 100% sure - but I think I had uninstalled one version of unity and installed another one. And I think it probably got stuck at some point at "Installing". And when I think I might have shut Hub down and tried again. I don't remember perfectly if the Unity Install was there when I relaunched hub or if I had to reinstall it. But no amount of reinstalling just unity was fixing it. I ultimately had to delete Hub and Unity both from my applications and do a completely fresh install for it to work again.

supita_unity likes this.
  4. Robdon

Robdon

Just an FYI, I had this problem just now.

Had an old version of Unity installed, removed it and then downloaded the latest 2019.4 version.

Got the same error.

Had to remove it and UnityHub, download UnityHub again, install. Download 2019.4 again, install.

Then it worked.

5. jasonboiss

jasonboiss

Same issue upgrading to 2020.3.5f1 (LTS). Reinstalling/rolling back results in the same error, and Unity will not launch. Diagnostic tool reports: "Could not find UPM executable at path." I think that point releases should not contain breaking changes, especially to something as essential as a package manager.