Search Unity

Bug Failed to retrieve game id from Dashboard

Discussion in 'Unity Mediation' started by Lonk-GE, Dec 18, 2022.

1. Lonk-GE

Lonk-GE

I made a simple app in Unity and I'm trying to implement an ad banner. So I installed Advertisement with Mediation package, linked my project with Unity dashboard through the project ID and created game IDs. Mediation window looks good and all the IDs are there, but in console mediation says that it failed to retrieve game id from Dashboard. Because of that I can't acces my Ad units in the editor and the Code generator doesn't work either. Web Dashboard works fine. obrázek_2022-12-18_114428323.png

The project is clearly linked to the Dashboard, advertisement is set to Mediation, Ad units are there, game IDs are displayed in the Mediation window in the editor and the project ID is displayed in the Services window.

I tried a lot of things. I watched a lot of instructional videos online and did everything right, but the message is still there. I relinked the project, made an empty test project, tried different versions of Unity. I've been playing with it the whole day yesterday but no luck.

Is there something I'm missing?

2. jcGrenier

jcGrenier

Unity Technologies

Linking a project is done by navigating to the services window and selecting the appropriate project.
    upload_2022-12-19_12-57-31.png

You can also check your projectSettings.asset and make sure it contains a cloudProjectId.

also note the warning only indicates some of the features in editor won't be available, such as listing the available ad units, but you should be able to build your app regardless.

3. HarisKap

HarisKap

I have linked the project but fails to get the game ids...

4. Autoface

Autoface

Hi, I'm experiencing the same issue. The project ID is selected in the services section but the I'm getting the same error.
    See the below images:

Dashboard:
    upload_2022-12-30_23-14-9.png

Services:
    upload_2022-12-30_23-15-56.png

Unity Mediation:
    upload_2022-12-30_23-12-33.png

I'm using the Advertisement with Mediation package.
    Also I have this selected in the dashboard:
    upload_2022-12-30_23-56-36.png
    Is this correct?

Has anyone been ale to get around this?

Thanks

Last edited: Dec 30, 2022
  5. Mikhail007

Mikhail007

Good afternoon.
    I have a similar problem.
    The list "Ad Units" is not read, although it is full in the dashboard of this project.

Attached Files:

6. jcGrenier

jcGrenier

Unity Technologies

Hi @Autoface ,
    It seems like you are confusing the Unity Mediation, and LevelPlay products.
    Unity Mediation has been deprecated in favor of LevelPlay, if this is a new integration we recommend that you uninstall the "Advertisement with Mediation" package (com.unity.services.mediation) and install the "Ads Mediation" package (com.unity.services.levelplay).

The error you are getting is due to the dashboard being configured for LevelPlay, but the editor using Unity Mediation.

Hope this helps!

7. Autoface

Autoface

Ah ok thats disapointing as I really would like to use Unity Mediation. Looks like I'm stuck with using legacy Unity Ads.

I don't want to use the Ironsource/LevelPlay implementation for a few reasons.
    - I went through the sign up process but when I finally got to the stage of setting up my app they asked me to send an email to them with details of the app and a link to the app on the google play store assuming that its already live on the play store... which its not because I want to implement ads in to it before I publish it.... Sooo they want it published before I implement ads? It doesn't make sense.
    This is the process:
    upload_2023-1-5_21-32-2.png
    Sending an email alone to go through this process is kind of archaic. Why not web a form?

- I've also seen that users getting their app rejected with no explanation.
    --- This shouldn't be a decision made by Ironsource if I don't want to use them as a mediation partner.

- Two dashboards? I'd rather not.

Thanks

8. jcGrenier

jcGrenier

Unity Technologies

I understand your reservations, and using Unity Ads is a totally valid option.
    We are working on getting IronSource's solution fully integrated but this will take some time.

In the meantime, thank you very much for your feedback.

9. minus4games

minus4games

This is crazy! I just went into the same process! How is that possible in 2023?

10. CassClay

CassClay

It's fixed now. Just made an account and now there's an option already to change it to test version.