Search Unity

Bug failed to resolve project template com.unity.template.3d is not a valid project template

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by profsergiojunior, Apr 24, 2023.

1. profsergiojunior

profsergiojunior

Using Unity Hub 3.4.2 on Windows 11.

Editor´s path: D:\Unity\2019.2.21f1\Editor
    Project´s path: D:\Projs\test

On create a new 3d Project, the hub give me "failed to resolve project template com.unity.template.3d is not a valid project template".

On project path a simple lock file is created and nothing more.

Any idea to solve this?

With 2018 and 2020 (and newer versiions) is working. None 2019 version create project.

2. profsergiojunior

profsergiojunior

Still not working....

3. timsibiski

timsibiski

Unity Technologies

So Unity can encounter strange issues when using any drive other than C://

Can you attempt to install and store everything on the C drive and see if that helps?

4. ColePi

ColePi

I am encountering the same issue when trying to start a 3D project with 2019.2.15. Hub is 3.5.0 on Win 10.
    Sometimes I get an extra window telling me that I have multiple instances running with the project open?
    I have tried reinstalling unity multitudes of times on all of my drives and this most recent installation has all the relevant folders on the C: drive with no spaces or non-alphanumeric characters in any of the folders / directories.
    Unity programs are also running as administrator and I've tried a couple other suggestions I've seen elsewhere but nothing works.
    I am at wits end.

5. JuanJSAR

JuanJSAR

I also have the problem but with Unity 2019.2.21f1 the weird thing is that it used to work perfect.
    Now it's crashing all of a sudden.

Edit: the problem was after the last update of UnityHub because before I didn't have it, I try to start Unity without Hub but it doesn't allow me.

Edit2: If you create the project by console it works perfectly:
    "<Unity 2019 directory>\Unity.exe>" -createProject "<Directory where the project will be created>"

Last edited: Aug 25, 2023
  6. ZANDERTHELEGEND

ZANDERTHELEGEND

i just found the fix, go to "C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\ProjectTemplates" in your file manager, and delete all zip files that include the phrase "3d" or whatever the error says, in my case it was "com.unity.template.3dextra(insert version num here).zip". continue to shut down unity hub for good measure, and when you start it up again you can redownload the core 3d template, fixing the issue and updating your core 3d file!!!! i was very relieved when i fixed it, so i decided to help ya out :3

merakli_omerr44 likes this.