Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.

Failed to resolve assembly: TextMeshPro error when building to iOS.

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by Mark-Sweeney, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Mark-Sweeney

Mark-Sweeney

Using Unity 5.6.1f1, latest version of TextMesh Pro (1.0.55.0b10)

When I try to build for iOS I get the following error:

AssemblyResolutionException: Failed to resolve assembly: 'TextMeshPro-1.0.55.56.0b10, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
    Mono.Cecil.BaseAssemblyResolver.Resolve (Mono.Cecil.AssemblyNameReference name, Mono.Cecil.ReaderParameters parameters)
    UnityEditor.MonoAssemblyStripping.ResolveAssemblyReference (IAssemblyResolver resolver, Mono.Cecil.AssemblyNameReference assemblyName) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/MonoAssemblyStripping.cs:283)
    UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()

Any ideas on how to fix this?

I also tried 5.6.1p4. That didn't work. I rolled back to an earlier version of TMPro, and that works fine, but 1.0.55.0b10 won't build to iOS without Failed to resolve assembly: 'TextMeshPro-1.0.55.56.0b10 error.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  2. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

Unity Technologies

I'll take a look and provide feedback as soon as I have an update.

theolagendijk likes this.
  3. Andrew_Enabler

Andrew_Enabler

4. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

Unity Technologies

Can you see if you get the same behavior out of 1.0.55.xx.0b12?

5. lucasmontec

lucasmontec

I'm having the same issue:
    UNetWeaver error: Exception :Mono.Cecil.AssemblyResolutionException: Failed to resolve assembly: 'TextMeshPro-1.0.55.56.0b12, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
    at Mono.Cecil.BaseAssemblyResolver.Resolve (Mono.Cecil.AssemblyNameReference name, Mono.Cecil.ReaderParameters parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Mono.Cecil.BaseAssemblyResolver.Resolve (Mono.Cecil.AssemblyNameReference name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

6. lucasmontec

lucasmontec

[Edit] Deleting the asset entirely and reimporting solved it. Appearently someone changed the main .dll file name to include the version or something like that.