Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Failed to re-package resources

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by KotDoPalenia, Dec 9, 2017.

1. KotDoPalenia

KotDoPalenia

Hi
    I've been looking everywhere for an answer to my problem, but I couldn't find any solution. I'm trying to learn how to make games for android, but everytime I want to build any project for android, i get this message:

Code (CSharp):
    1. CommandInvokationFailure: Failed to re-package resources.
    2. C:\Android2\build-tools\27.0.2\aapt.exe package --auto-add-overlay -v -f -m -J "gen" -M "AndroidManifest.xml" -S "res" -I "C:\Android2\platforms\android-27\android.jar" -F bin/resources.ap_
    4. stderr[
    5. AndroidManifest.xml:4: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'theme' with value '@style/UnityThemeSelector').
    7. AndroidManifest.xml:4: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'icon' with value '@drawable/app_icon').
    9. AndroidManifest.xml:4: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'label' with value '@string/app_name').
    11. AndroidManifest.xml:4: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'banner' with value '@drawable/app_banner').
    13. AndroidManifest.xml:5: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'label' with value '@string/app_name').
    15. ]
    16. stdout[
    17. Configurations:
    18. (default)
    20. Files:
    21.   AndroidManifest.xml
    22.     Src: () AndroidManifest.xml
    24. Resource Dirs:
    25. Including resources from package: C:\Android2\platforms\android-27\android.jar
    26. applyFileOverlay for drawable
    27. applyFileOverlay for layout
    28. applyFileOverlay for anim
    29. applyFileOverlay for animator
    30. applyFileOverlay for interpolator
    31. applyFileOverlay for transition
    32. applyFileOverlay for xml
    33. applyFileOverlay for raw
    34. applyFileOverlay for color
    35. applyFileOverlay for menu
    36. applyFileOverlay for font
    37. applyFileOverlay for mipmap
    38. ]
    39. exit code: 1
    40. UnityEditor.Android.Command.Run (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo psi, UnityEditor.Android.WaitingForProcessToExit waitingForProcessToExit, System.String errorMsg)
    41. UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessor.Tasks.TasksCommon.Exec (System.String command, System.String args, System.String workingdir, System.String errorMsg, Int32 retriesOnFailure)
    42. UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow:BuildPlayerAndRun()
    I've tried everything that I could - updating Unity to newest beta, downgrading it to 2017.1.0f3
    I've tried different SDK tools (currently using r24.2.5 - newest ones just give me "unable to list target platforms" error)
    Both JDK 1.8.0_151 and JDK 9.0.1
    I'm using Windows 10.
    I'm out of ideas and I'm totally new to this, so if somebody could simply explain how to fix it, I would be grateful.